Support Forums

Full Version: Parents// Thread being deleted.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am sorry, took off all my writing, don't feel confortable having it on the internet but everything is fine : )
In my opinion, the best thing you can do when they are fighting is to separate them. Take your sister into your room and tell her to be quiet then tell your mom to go to the living room or something. Not trying to sound masculinist or anything, but if you're old enough to yell at your mother, then you're old enough to command some authority. There will always be gender roles in our society and it sounds like it's time for you to being assuming yours. If your dad is going to sit by and do nothing, don't think it's fine for you to do the same. Also screaming at them won't help as you'll only aid is escalating the tension in the household.

In a firm and calm voice, tell your mom to go to the living room/her room/anywhere else in the house to calm down. Make sure you have a firm facial expression so she knows you're serious. Then go talk to your sister and tell her that the fighting needs to stop. If she has problems with your mom in the future she should come to you and you should handle it.

Growing up isn't as fun when it's forced on you, but sometimes it's necessary.

Also, you're purposely sacrificing your grades because you think your mom will punish your sister? That's never a good idea. Try to make the most out of yourself.
(05-29-2012, 02:33 PM)Decept ♥ Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion, the best thing you can do when they are fighting is to separate them. Take your sister into your room and tell her to be quiet then tell your mom to go to the living room or something. Not trying to sound masculinist or anything, but if you're old enough to yell at your mother, then you're old enough to command some authority. There will always be gender roles in our society and it sounds like it's time for you to being assuming yours. If your dad is going to sit by and do nothing, don't think it's fine for you to do the same. Also screaming at them won't help as you'll only aid is escalating the tension in the household.

In a firm and calm voice, tell your mom to go to the living room/her room/anywhere else in the house to calm down. Make sure you have a firm facial expression so she knows you're serious. Then go talk to your sister and tell her that the fighting needs to stop. If she has problems with your mom in the future she should come to you and you should handle it.

Growing up isn't as fun when it's forced on you, but sometimes it's necessary.

Also, you're purposely sacrificing your grades because you think your mom will punish your sister? That's never a good idea. Try to make the most out of yourself.

Thank you so much for the advice, it means alot and I will note your points. I am going to get rid of this thread Smile
PM a staff to have this thread deleted.