Support Forums

Full Version: I am at a cross.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel this post may need a little back story, though it wont be a long post, so we will start with that. My girlfriend hasn't had a very good history with guys, almost every guy she has ever dated has abused her in some way, usually verbally/ emotionally, a few physically. It really fudged with her as some of you may know, it hurts and painful memories stick around even if you don't want them. Now for the meaning of the post.

My girlfriend of just over a year has seemed to be very very distant lately, now before anyone says something like she is cheating I honestly doubt she is, for a few reasons; There isn't really time in her day to go see someone else, from the time she wakes up to going to bed she is either with me or at work (I know she is at work and not with someone else because she works with my mom,) and she isn't that kind of person, people have done that to her in the past and she was devastated by. She has been trying to "give me space" that I don't want or even hint that I need by telling me things like "You will see me later in the week" or "I will leave you alone tomorrow," she is quiet when I am around her, she hides her emotions more than she used to, (She isn't very good at hiding them, she just refuses to explain why she is feeling the way she is,) on a bad day she will just send me a text with something like "Night." after work, but on a normal day after work she will call me and talk about what happened at work, and how it went, you know usual dinner conversation kind of stuff (since she works nights and we don't get to eat dinner together anymore,) but if it was a bad work day and a good rest of the day she will still call me which is how I can tell if i fudged something up (I am really bad at noticing if I mess something up I am narrow minded as fudge.) Well today she just sent a "Night." text after work, so I figured I would go through my text history with her and try to remember anything I did or said over the last few days that might have upset or hurt her in some way. Turns out I kind of snapped on her a little bit while giving directions today in the car, I didn't notice it (of course) when it happened and she went through the rest of the day pissed off. This has been happening more and more lately and I am really afraid I am going to lose her, I have been with her for a little over a year and could honestly see myself being with her for the rest of my life (if this gets resolved and I stop doing whatever it is I am doing wrong.)

TL;DR Girlfriend has been extremely distant, and it is making me rather sad and depressed.

I am not really sure how anyone could help, I just needed to tell someone.
Just bring it to her, tell her she is seeming distant and you don't want to lose her. It's better that way so she doesn't just breakup with you somehow...some people act how they've been hurt, so I would get closer to her now before she gets closer to someone else.