Support Forums

Full Version: She seems indifferent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So...as you all might have expected...there's this girl. She's not like other girls. She has no interest in dating or being in a relationship. She doesn't even have a real crush, nick jonas doesn't count. (or so she pretends, but I strongly believe it's real) She's 17 too. We've known each other for 2 years now but got close only in the last year. She once said to me that she doesn't want to date until she is 20 at least, focusing on studies and all that. She looks pretty beautiful and is extremely good at academics too. I would describe her as a mommy's girl. She hasn't even been out with a guy, even as friends, yet, cause her mom doesn't allow due to the fear of being the victim of their building society's drama I guess.

Anyways, the point being, I've gotten pretty attached to her now. We've both finished our 12th now and will be going into separate fields in college now. Realistically, staying in touch requires a mutual effort. I'm always the one who texts her first almost daily and tries to keep the conversation going. She barely texts first, maybe she's like that with everyone, but still...

I feel like she isn't as attached to me as I'm to her, which true. Moving on would be more easier for her as her social life is far better than me, as in she has farmore friends. I don't really have many friends per se.

Idk what my problem is exactly. I'm somewhat insecure. It's VERY hard for me to let go. I want her to be more attached to me. It feels like she's almost indifferent. It makes a difference to me if we dont talk for 2-3 days but it barely makes any difference to her. That's what is killing me. I know I might be blowing a 'small' thing way out of proportion..but it's been bothering me a lot. It's been 4 days since I haven't contacted her. She doesnt even feel like saying hi in 4 days? Why is she so indifferent? It's not like she is busy, she is at home all day, just doing timepass since we have our vacations now. Neither is she sad/depressed.
To be honest It actually seems like she genuinely likes you but she has a funny kinda way of showing it. She's shy to make the first moves and she leads you onto believe she doesn't want a relationship when she probably does. I'd say that even if you have to text her then do it.. Don't let her slip away if she means so much to you. It seems that she doesn't text you because she waits all day long for you to text her first.
I don't see what leads Diabolic to think she's romantically interested in you. It seems pretty obvious that you're but one of her many friends, not particularly special to her. If you still feel things are going really well between you two, you might want to make your move as soon as possible. As long as you don't show explicit interest in her she isn't either, that's for sure. It seems to me that she right now only sees you as an ordinary friend, so if you make your move you'll either get her to go like: "wait a second, he's actually pretty cute, and funny, and nice..." or she'll make it clear she was just being friends. Either way, you'll be getting a definite answer.
I do agree with what C4Vendetta partially said. I still thinks she may like you and I just think you should try to find out if she likes you!
Don't try too hard, just see where crap goes.
So , she eventually misses you if you don't get to talk for two to three days . She definitely likes you . Just find out how many days it takes for her to try to talk to you .

I'm sure she will try to talk with you soon .