Support Forums

Full Version: Why are all the functions in programming languages English?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why are all the functions in programming languages English? For example:
While
For
In
If
End
Etc..
I guess becuase English is the main language that almost everyone knows or learn.
So making functions on a global langauge is useful for everyone, try writing C++ on serbian, fail for real.
(11-06-2009, 08:53 PM)NinjaGeek Wrote: [ -> ]I guess becuase English is the main language that almost everyone knows or learn.
So making functions on a global langauge is useful for everyone, try writing C++ on serbian, fail for real.

I don't know man. According to this website, more people speak mandarin then English!

It's probably because the origional creaters of the language spoke english, and the largest market for software programing is the english one.

Random thoughts which I can't be bothered to word:
Mandarin spoken by poor people, uneducated. Can't code. Can't afford computer. More English people educated, more English code, catching on? (Market is bigger)
I don't really care...... I talk english, so it don't bother me that much.
(11-06-2009, 09:35 PM)Extasey Wrote: [ -> ]this

LOL, as soon as I saw the link I knew what you're about.
But those asians also speak english, so it's back to top.

edit btw:
I agree with you, and it was exactly that what I was to say, but the post above, I don't know I'm just tired.
Haha, yeah. One of those "...crap, he just proved me wrong" moments...
I swear, everyone on this forum is tired! SLEEP!!
Maybe someone should make a converter. Something to translate non English keywords into something the compiler can deal with...
English is the language of science and business. It's only fitting.
well, in most countries after you are fluent in your first language, you learn english. And also most programming languages are developed here in America, and when people in other countries want a career in programming, they usually come here
Pages: 1 2