Support Forums

Full Version: I don't know how to stop cutting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ill admit it. I REALLY don't. I've used scissors, the sharp part of nail clippers, a razor, pins, all to cut myself. It helps me so much, but it obviously isn't healthy at all. My friend said I was addicted to cutting and then yelled at me. It is the only way I can sweep away all my problems from that day, and then go on with my future. Its hard for me to vent my problems to other people. I found damaging myself a lot easier. Everybody thinks I'm fine, but inside I'm freakin dying, and I don't know how to keep up anymore. I am not going to go to help because then my parents would find out, and I am NOT explaining to them in any shape or form why I cut. My mom is totally against the whole idea and would be disgraced by me. I just need help. Anything that will help me get my mind off of it because that is all I think of when I am down.
I really don't know what your homo situation is and thus I feel reluctant to tell you what I'd tell any ordinary kid: tell your parents. Really, it might be that you're right and this isn't a good decision in this particular scenario, it might. Chances are, though, that this isn't the case and your mother will be caring and understanding. Evaluate the situation for yourself, weigh your options. Tell your mother and be somewhat embarrassed and then resolve the issue, or stay damaged and mentally ill for the rest of your life.

Truthfully I don't think I can offer you much else than explicitly press you to reach out for help. People are blind but once they know someone is down they'll gladly help, a psychiatrist wouldn't be a bad idea at all, someone you can talk to and vent. Trust me, it would do you well. Cutting yourself is not a dangerous mental illness, if a mental illness at all, it's very common especially with young people and with some good counseling it's often rather easily fixed.

If that fails try finding a different way of getting that high you get from cutting yourself. For example, try working out, pushing yourself to make your body stronger (and your mind) instead of destroying it.
I've tried this one time, and I can't explain to why someone would be addicted to it.
Hurting yourself is not a solution ever.
I agree with C4Vendetta.
You may feel embarrassed about your cutting and perhaps your parents will be mortified to know of it.
This is not normal activity and you have to expect people particularly family to be shocked.
But they have to know. Better they know your cutting yourself now then to find you dead one day.
You must open up to your family so you can get some sort of treatment or counseling.

(for the record i used to cut myself but for the pleasure not the pain)
Tell someone instead of your parents, if you don't trust them.
Why not seek help instead of cutting yourself, why are you constantly depressed? What's the main source behind your pain?

If all fails, I believe you need to confront your parents about it and tell them face to face.
Want to know what I've used to cut?

Pins / Snapped Rulers / Razors / Bolster Knifes / Hunting Knifes / Throwing Knifes / Glass Shards

You know why I cut?

- Life simply didn't make sense to me, I didn't understand the whole concept of a man in the sky, what was heaven or hell, how the world worked. Why people were and still are assholes, why children must die, why do people pray? I also cut for pleasure, never the pain, never to be noticed, never to ask for help. I told my close friends, hell yes I did. They cared I'm sure, little did they know sometimes the words on a FB message don't mean as much as they in person. So, I decided that I would kill myself among the many other problems, just understand you need to make promises, you need to realize life isn't worth cutting over. You cut your legs and you cut your arms, those cuts don't just disappear(depending on depth) I still have a cut on my leg and it is rather big, and still red and you can see it if I'm cold, well sort of...The hair on my legs shields off the vision of the cuts, but I have 2 cuts on my shoulders from 2months ago and you can still see them.
I was about to kill myself and I ended up going to a mental hospital for a Week. The kids there were worse than me, I would try different things until you find something that gives you the same release cutting does.
Do you mind telling us what's the reason behind you cutting yourself ?

If it's for Love , screw it . She doesn't deserve your Blood sacrifices tbh .
You should seek religious help, or a someone you are close to, talk about this don't keep it inside it will only lead you to worse thing's i hope you can get the help you deserve. Live Long and have Fun.
Pages: 1 2