Support Forums

Full Version: Please help me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't really know if this is the best place for this thread but anyways. In school i am the "silent" person and i really want to talk more but when i'm sitting there i just can't talk -.- My friends tell me that they think i'm funny and that i should talk more but it feels that i just can't. I don't know what i should do or how i should start talking to people.

No one that can help me? Sad
I'm sick of everyone treating me like air!
OK, this is one of those situations that needs to be done at YOUR pace, do not let any one push you into speaking out.
The best way to start talking more is to slowly just start raising your hand and add discussions at school, give your input. It will take time but there is a start.
I almost the same as you. In class, no one talks to me except when they need help, but I'm fine with that, in fact I'm happy with that. But if you want to be more active, try to join with them, learn what they are talking about and try to say something. Not random stuff, but actually be a pro in the subject.
I'm more active in forums than in school... Tongue
In fact there's a couple of people in my class who are just like you.. Except we never say they are funny because they barely talk. I, myself, am very talkative but last year I got placed into a new class, which changed into becoming a silont person as well. I can tell, that year was a hell, I was used to almost everyone liking me, as I am usually a social person and like to hang out with everyone, but that year I just sticked with a couple of people who, at least, didn't hate me. However they told me I (And another guy who was just as silent, but he's always been) we were being boring and crap, but I know the feeling of wanting to talk but.. Something keeps you from it. Actually thinking they won't pay attention or laugh when you say something, it feels like crap. However, sinc ebegin this year I changed to my old myself again, being very talkative, sometimes even too talkative. I have a big group a friends again I use to hang around a lot with, and people often tell me I am very energetic haha.

I am not sure, but I think the most important thing that changed for me was my surroundings. There were some people in my class who hated me, and I hated thme. Oh well.. We disliked eachother a lot. Even though my "Friends" (The people who didn't dislike me I told you about, who are now a couple of me best friends(: ) never minded me saying soemthing and wanted me to become more talkative, I just became held back down because of the other people around me..

Luckily everything's changed for me now, I am very talkative, have many friends and keep reminding myself of how great things are going at the moment. It's really not something you should force, it should come naturally. I don't really know what's made me become my older self again since this year, but it happened automatically. I'm sure something will change for you eventually, but I can just not tell you anything that'll change things up for you because you want so right now.. Good luck!
Thx for the reply's, I think the reason i being silent is that when i was in a another class there was some people that bullied me for talking Sad So do you guys think that i should talk or just being silent?

(Sorry for my bad english)
Definitely talk! I feel very sorry for you that you've been bullied, you seem to be kinda like me, but when you feel more comfortable you will start to talk automatically. Don't try to force it. You might not notice it, but the people you usually hang out with might start to find you annoying because you tend to repeat stuff they say. Just try to get comfy and remember they do like you and are not like the bullies. My best luck, mate. You can always contact me if you want to have a chitchat (:
A tip, whatever you feel inside and whatever doubts, fears, worries, agitations, disgust, etc you possess, WILL eventually be portrayed either subtly or grossly. I recommend you work on meditation. Meditation of your will, your resolve, and your self-esteem. I don't mean meditation like OMMMMMmmmmmmmNOMNOMoommmmmmmMMMM, no I mean deep personal reflection.
Determine your strengths, weaknesses, pros, cons etc, and balance them and utilise them against your enemies, your society (more relevant), and your personal/monetary endeavors.
(05-07-2012, 06:53 AM)Pontoe Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely talk! I feel very sorry for you that you've been bullied, you seem to be kinda like me, but when you feel more comfortable you will start to talk automatically. Don't try to force it. You might not notice it, but the people you usually hang out with might start to find you annoying because you tend to repeat stuff they say. Just try to get comfy and remember they do like you and are not like the bullies. My best luck, mate. You can always contact me if you want to have a chitchat (:

Pontoe do you have skype?
Yes, I do, add debeste95. I'm Dutch though so if you wanna voice chat I probably have an obvious accent Tongue
Okay, I have some really simple advice for you to try out.
First of all, be confident and just be yourself around others.
Don't be shy to speak to others about anything.
The more relaxed you are, the more you'll be confident to speak.

If you ever need to speak to someone then you can add me on MSN;
diabolic@hackforums.net

Regards,