Support Forums

Full Version: Whole life is messed up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I will try to keep this as short as I can especially since it's 1 AM.

In December 2010, I was hanging out with my friends and I was at a club where one of them made a prank call to a school teacher, who had been receiving prank calls the day earlier and so she knew where they were coming from. She storms inside, automatically starts drama in the club blaming me and my one friend (who did the call). So she reports to the police and I get an offence recorded on me. I'm in Qatar, the only people who can get high jobs are the locals who are apparently superior to you (they're racist). I was grounded for 4 months till March 2011. I began going out with other friends thinking that they weren't a bad influence on me but I was wrong.

May 6th 2011, I was coming home at night when a group of people ring a Filipino woman's house (while recording) and when she's onto them, they all run. She was wearing small clothes so she took it the wrong way, and guess who's there to take the blame? They call for me, I don't want to get involved and I run home. I'm talking to them on Facebook and they tell me that 2 of them are being interrogated by the local security and someone "snitched" on my address. I hear a ring, I swear to god this was the worst moment of my life. I knew who it was but I didn't want to open it, they rang a second time and I opened the door to the police. They asked for my father, and so I woke him up (this is 11 at night, mind). We drive to the police station and there's 2 other kids. The one who was recording and the one who rang the bell. Obviously, one of them is Arabic and so is the police (who don't understand English) so this kid makes a bullshit story blaming me. He goes home and leaves me and the other guy behind. By 1AM, all the passport work was done by the police and our guardians had to leave and we had to go in a police car to Doha to stay at the "under 16 jail".

So we get there at 3, get interrogated and go to sleep. We wake up the next day, get interrogated AGAIN, and then have to go to the doctor then the gym. We spent 2 nights and 1 day there. We then went to the court where the judge then curses at us and our guardians (who just arrived). Since this was the second incident, I'm on my last chance. One more mistake and my whole family gets deported (I've been living here for 14 years). That was it. Since that day, I haven't been allowed to go anywhere with my friends. The only day I went out was on my birthday, my social life is pretty crap at the moment. Sure, I talk to everyone now and then at school or on the Internet. But I swear, it doesn't feel right not going out for an year. I've asked my parents several times and they've told me to "wait a few years" or "don't even think about it".

Of course I can understand my parents don't want be blowing the last chance, but don't they trust me enough to NOT learn from my mistake and which people I choose to go out with? Even if I tell them it wasn't my fault, they will say "we know, but someones after you" and that. I've thought about suicide lots of times and I honestly don't feel like I can share this with anyone which is why I turned to the Internet. Also, the first incident happened when I was 12, and the second at 13. Help.
Well thats a sad story honestly mate.
There are a few things though.
You said several times its not your fault. Ok i understand that but you were in company of people that were upto no good.
Guilty by association? I guess so. Sad honestly but you have to take some responsibility.
It sounds like you really do need to be careful if deportation is a possibility.
For that i dont blame your guardians for grounding you for a long period of time.
This sort of harsh treatment is unheard of in Australia (legal threats of deportation) over such petty incidents.
Hard to really comprehend how bad it must actually be for you.
As for suicide..... simple answer to that one.... DONT!
Life is short. You will be over this eventually and life will go on. Your still young so dont worry to much.
Atleast they have not banned you from the net hey?
(05-03-2012, 03:29 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Well thats a sad story honestly mate.
There are a few things though.
You said several times its not your fault. Ok i understand that but you were in company of people that were upto no good.
Guilty by association? I guess so. Sad honestly but you have to take some responsibility.
It sounds like you really do need to be careful if deportation is a possibility.
For that i dont blame your guardians for grounding you for a long period of time.
This sort of harsh treatment is unheard of in Australia (legal threats of deportation) over such petty incidents.
Hard to really comprehend how bad it must actually be for you.
As for suicide..... simple answer to that one.... DONT!
Life is short. You will be over this eventually and life will go on. Your still young so dont worry to much.
Atleast they have not banned you from the net hey?

I do take some responsibility, I even tried avoiding my "friends". I also understand why they would ground me, since my actions and choices could affect the whole family. But every time I try to talk to them about it they just simply don't tell me the reason.
Wow.. That story seems to be full of racism and snitching honestly. Really, the way you tell it (And I'm not saying it went differently, people there seem to be a bit racist) it seems like you're getting fudged up to two times. I can imagine it sucks to not be able to go out for amcouple of year. Really, I go out with my friends at least every two weeks, can't imagine not being able to for such a long time, that really sucks. On the other side, you said your family get's deported if you make another mistake. And I can't really say they are not doing right. I mean, you did wrong (Or at least got caught) two times already. Imagine how they are feeling. After the first time they can think you may have learned from it, but after the second time I can imagine they do not want to take a chance. Honestly you should have chosen your friends more carefully, or at least decided wether or not to be there at that place and time.

Best luck to you mate. I can't say nothing of it was your fault, but I still feel sorry for you for your punishment. I understand being caught by the autorities is a big enough lesson to you already. But yeah, parents want to be protective and I can imagine they do not want to be deported.. Good luck mate!
(05-04-2012, 04:13 AM)Pontoe Wrote: [ -> ]Wow.. That story seems to be full of racism and snitching honestly. Really, the way you tell it (And I'm not saying it went differently, people there seem to be a bit racist) it seems like you're getting fudged up to two times. I can imagine it sucks to not be able to go out for amcouple of year. Really, I go out with my friends at least every two weeks, can't imagine not being able to for such a long time, that really sucks. On the other side, you said your family get's deported if you make another mistake. And I can't really say they are not doing right. I mean, you did wrong (Or at least got caught) two times already. Imagine how they are feeling. After the first time they can think you may have learned from it, but after the second time I can imagine they do not want to take a chance. Honestly you should have chosen your friends more carefully, or at least decided wether or not to be there at that place and time.

Best luck to you mate. I can't say nothing of it was your fault, but I still feel sorry for you for your punishment. I understand being caught by the autorities is a big enough lesson to you already. But yeah, parents want to be protective and I can imagine they do not want to be deported.. Good luck mate!

Thanks for the reply, and I completely understand why they would want disallow me going outside, I usually used to go out every Thursday and sometimes Friday. I also forgot to mention in the OP that I started smoking cigarettes in around 2010 and I stopped on March 21st after confessing to my parents. I know it's not that big of a deal but I feel like I had to add it. I never do good in school, since I hate most of the people here. There are a few teachers who always try to find some excuse to put me on suspension every now and then. This term I was suspended twice, first for truancy and then for disrespecting teachers. Apparently, what 1 person tells a teacher is enough proof for them, regardless of whether they are lying. I just want to get out of this shithole country. I can't even tell my friends apart, I've known one for 10 years and now he just kisses Arab's asses and changes his attitude towards me when he's around them. He would go as far as making fun of my family infront of them to make them laugh in order to impress them, that's how low he is. I honestly can't take this anymore.
I feel sorry you buddy but your parents are right.. I mean you did it once and then twice and you were framed and maybe the 3rd time it happens again.. I understand how it feels to be trapped inside your house but I think you should avoid.... Make friends with books and computers and you will be good to go..
thats what I advise you.. Its not that I am entirely agreeing with your parent or I support you on getting another chance.. these are entirely my thoughts and unbiased...
(05-04-2012, 06:38 AM)Crystal Wrote: [ -> ]I feel sorry you buddy but your parents are right.. I mean you did it once and then twice and you were framed and maybe the 3rd time it happens again.. I understand how it feels to be trapped inside your house but I think you should avoid.... Make friends with books and computers and you will be good to go..
thats what I advise you.. Its not that I am entirely agreeing with your parent or I support you on getting another chance.. these are entirely my thoughts and unbiased...

I completely agree with you, and their decision. But they can't keep me like this for the rest of the years that I will live here, right? I mean, there has gt to be some other way..