Support Forums

Full Version: I can't take my life anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just want to tell Support forums my situation and what a good idea is to do about it. I'm in 10th grade right now, I've had an abusive father who kept beating me for the most ridiculous reasons all throughout my life. I had been dealing with beatings since around 3rd or 4th grade, and it kept happening occasionally up until now in high school. I recently got a beating right now an hour before this post and the side of my head is hurting and the of my head was hit with a computer charger wire.

I was never allowed to go out that often (only weekends and rarely ever during the week) and I can't stay up out late when it gets dark anywhere in my town, even if its the park thats four blocks away from me. I don't have a girlfriend currently and I and I am thinking its msotly due to the fact my parents have restricted me socially and screwed me emtionally,mentally,and physically from a lot of the really bad experiences I don't want to remember. I have thought of suicide before but I don't really want to do it. Can you guys give me some advice?? I'm in highschool and am only two years off from going onto college.
I dont like to say this. And am very reluctent to now.
But if your father is hitting you with computer wire mate... Thats just not acceptable.
I think if this continues you may well have to see someone about this (school, law enforcement)
But before that you have to tell your father how you feel even if it comes at another beating.
You have to tell him you are having suicidal thoughts that you feel are brought on by the abuse.
This can not be allowed to continue.
Like you said and i agree. This will effect every stage of your development if your getting abused at home.

Can i ask do you have a mother in the family?
(04-28-2012, 04:22 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]I dont like to say this. And am very reluctent to now.
But if your father is hitting you with computer wire mate... Thats just not acceptable.
I think if this continues you may well have to see someone about this (school, law enforcement)
But before that you have to tell your father how you feel even if it comes at another beating.
You have to tell him you are having suicidal thoughts that you feel are brought on by the abuse.
This can not be allowed to continue.
Like you said and i agree. This will effect every stage of your development if your getting abused at home.

Can i ask do you have a mother in the family?

Yes I do have a mother in my family, and she has gotton mch worse beatings than me. She deals with physical abuse as well.
Go to the local authorities. If he does that to you guys that is unacceptable.
This is just unacceptable, If he is doing this to your mother, go to the local law enforcement and tell them what is going on. I know this will be hard for you to call this in on your father. Don't think you are the only one this is happening to, this is most likely happening to someone close to you too, once you speak out it will encourage others to aswell. Also if you need any support or just someone to talk to about this, PM me for my skype. I will be on most of the time and if you really need it I can come on in the middle of the night. (As much as I would like to be there for you always, you must remember I am in a different timezone, I might not be there 24/7 but I will be there as much as I can (New Zealand timezone))
I cant imagine what it would be like to be abused physically by your parents but i have been emotionally abused and manipulated in the past. This is something that you need to report to the police if you truly are being abused by your father. It is in no way right what he is doing, and in fact is very illegal. Im sorry that you are going though troubles in your high school years, but i also did, things get better once you move out of your parents, and learn to be independent.
For what it worth.....
I was abused as a child by my father. He was a very violent man often hitting me.
I did not have a mother with me rather lived with my father. I know all to well how bad this can actually be.
I actually remember comparing injuries with a mate at school who also had an abusive father. (our way of coping i guess)
Luckily for me.... or not im not sure.. but my father went to prison for murder so i was able to get away.
Had i not i imagine i would not be the person i am today. I fear if i still lived with him (even at 39) that i would have been controlled by him.
You dont want to be in this situation all your life mate.
Bad things need to come to an end at some time.
We cant choose our parents. Some of us are lucky while others are not.
I hope to hear you reply to this thread Packer41
Try taking it to the authorities if it keeps on happening.
I get it's your dad, but beating someone is no excuse for anything.
If you are old enough, move out. If not, try to muscle out these last few years.
Good luck mate. Stay strong.
Thanks for the replies everyone. Do you think its a good idea to deal with him for the next two years. Then after that go to college and take him out of my lfie from there on. As in After college I'm not going to live with him, and remove him from my life since he is just a negative influence. He really emotionally abused me by PUTTING ME DOWN yesterday and saying I will never be able to succeed anywhere in sports because I never did them when I was 4 or 5, even though I really started when I was 10. Then I measure myself in a 100 meter sprint and I get 12 seconds and this is after not sprinting for a year(last year I got the same time), gaining some mass, and doing slow motion strength work which is suppose to slow me down but didn't that much. When I tell him you simply deny the truth he starts saying the most idiotic thing like he thinks I'm calling him a liar after he calls me a liar for my 12 second 100 meter, even though I never said or imlied him being a liar, and then threatens to beat me again.
I know what your feeling. It's so much easier to let it go and do nothing about it, but you feel wrong about it. Nothing bad will happen if you tell someone.
Pages: 1 2