Support Forums

Full Version: My Thoughts of Trust in Relationships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The following are my personal views about relationships. I am in no way saying that are accurate or true.

Many people seem to think that relationships start off with complete honesty right off the bat. Many relationships crumble within the first few months because of that. What most people don't realize, about themselves even, is that people are by nature, cautious. It's very rare to find a person willing to open up themselves right at the start. Over time, you and your significant other will come to trust to each other more fully.

Why do I bring this up?

Many people, myself honestly included... get offended at any lie, even a slight one. What if though, the lie was meant to protect us? Say your (from now on, love) significant other was hanging out (innocent just friends) with a friend, and didn't tell you? What if he/she didn't tell you because they were scared of what you might say? You have to look at it from both ways. They didn't want to worry you, and have you worry about them being pressured etc. That trust comes naturally over time with relationships... Learn to see it from both sets of eyes...

Unfortunately, it's 4 AM right now for me. Just used this a notepad for you guys. If you have any questions, feel free to comment on this thread and I'll give you my thoughts! Night all!
This right here
Good quality post, one thing I do however is not lie at all even if they worry about me, I rather have them feel worry then doubt me because trust is one of the hardest things to build up again once you lose it.
Also lies can protect people but you have to think is it worth them finding out about it and have them lose faith in you.
(04-28-2012, 12:50 AM)MrChill Wrote: [ -> ]This right here
Good quality post, one thing I do however is not lie at all even if they worry about me, I rather have them feel worry then doubt me because trust is one of the hardest things to build up again once you lose it.
Also lies can protect people but you have to think is it worth them finding out about it and have them lose faith in you.

Thanks!

I don't lie as well, I just don't feel right doing it and try to avoid it whenever possible, but keep in mind many people do lie. This was more focused on showing how to view the problem from both sides. One may think that it was terrible. The other may have had it in their best honest intentions.
They say on average a couple lies to eachother every 10 minutes.
I find this hard to believe. I cant remember the last time i lied to my wife (even white lie).
Im like you a little. Only a few things i hold as important in a relationship.
No lies and no violence. If there is either then i think the relationship is doomed to fail.
In some ways, I think you're correct.

However, I think some lies aren't acceptable.

There are some things that are meant to protect us and should be said, but there are many lies that aren't acceptable.