Support Forums

Full Version: Removed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This message has been removed by it's poster.
(04-23-2012, 08:44 PM)pers2981 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

More or less what the subject says. There is this one girl in English who sits behind me, I find her really attractive and would love to get to know her better (say over a movie or something). We have literally never even spoken to each other and i'm not even sure if she has a boyfriend or not. But yeah, How does HF suggest I ask her to go see a movie?

I have thought about going up to her after class and saying...

"I'm not good at this type of stuff, so i'm going to be as blunt as possible. I find you very attractive and would love to get to know you better over a movie or something. How does this sound?"

What think?

Hey Pers,

I know how you feel. I have a girl in my English class (and quite a few other classes) that i also find really attractive but don't talk to. In my opinion, I wouldn't just be rash and jump right into asking a girl out like that, especially if you have never spoken to her before. It may kind of spook her. I obviously don't know how the girl would react to your method, but she might not take it the way you intend.

I think it would probably go more smoothly if you started striking up conversation with her casually before class or something. Maybe start off by asking innocent questions you already know the answer to like "Did we have homework last night?" or something tied to the class. Obviously don't just walk in every day and ask the same thing over and over. Build from that and just try poking at things not related to English after a while, then eventually try to find out more about her. This would definitely take longer than asking her out right away, but it would probably be a more practical way to gather information about her.

Another thing I might want to point out is that if you ask her out right away, it could be pretty awkward. For instance, If she already has a boyfriend (let's hope not). You at least want to get to know her a little. It would probably be best to know a few things about her before you commit to asking her out.

Hope my advice helps a little. Smile
Hey Pers,

I have the exact same situation but heres how I got around it.

When I saw this girl, I wanted to basically start kissing her there and then and I realized that this was just not going to happen. You need to start off by asking her simple questions and talking to her more. It would help if you knew afew things about her before you go sit through a 2 hours movie, this can be disastrous for new couples that just don't have enough to talk about. Imagine sitting there for 2 hours and only talking for 2 minutes. You should ask her stuff like "Do you have a spare pencil?" and pretend you have lost one or even start off with if you are brave "Hey, would you like to come and study with me sometime? I would like to get to know you better".

Hope my advice helped. If you need to talk over skype about how things are going, PM me for my skype.
I would start talking to her about a bunch of movies she wouldn't know about. Then tell her that I want to help culture her better so I'd like if she came with me to see a good movie Tongue
I'm also in a similar situation. I really like this girl, but we don't talk very much.

I'd do what you're planning on doing, ask her out in person.