Support Forums

Full Version: What to do here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, so I was anticipating a new job which I was excited for throughout this week. Now I find out from a buddy that got me in that i'm going to be working with the ONE guy that everybody absolutely hates at the jobsite. Apprently he's the kind of guy that has been bragging about how many times he's been in jail.

Now I don't know whether i'm ****ing crazy to be honest, or something else. Job starts tomorrow and I have to go out and be there at 7AM tomorrow to go through paper work, contracts, etc before I get started. I have to be honest with you guys though, now I just don't know, to be honest with you though, I was told that i'd be working with this one other guy who seems decently close to the way I am, and he's another programmer as well, but the day before I start, now i'm being told something completely different, and as though the person who referred me to the job was saying that he's been telling me that I would have been working with this other (hated) guy the whole time, when I know for a fact that this was not what I was told.

Never even met the guy but from who i've talked to, this guy is no Santa Claus.

All I can say is, tomorrow, I know i'm in for a ride, and if this guy gets on my nerves i'm not the kind of guy that will tolerate it. I can't see this being any fun though, and I have no idea what to expect now. Trying to wonder if i'm insane though, or whether I should just back out now.

Worst thing is, the guy who teamed me up with this person actually used to be a good friend of my dad's. But he's got insecurity issues...

And if I was to add onto the negatives here, apprently this guy i'm supposed to be working with found out that they were looking for a guy, he knew that somebody was coming in (me) and phoned his friend on the spot to try and see if he wanted a job for some reason to get him in there, and people at the site who knew me basically straightforwardly said to him "You ****ing idiot, we have a guy coming in, and you don't even go to the head boss before trying to get this person you're trying to phone a job here?"

Now i'm starting to think that before I even get to know this guy there's going to be tension between me and him right off the bat before I even get to show who I am as a person.

Absolutely great the messes I get myself into. I'm beating myself in the head right now trying to figure out what to do but I don't know. I have a potentially good opportunity here if I went through with this from a career standpoint, but this one obstacle puts a knot into everything.
Pretend nothing has happened and you know nothing and just get to work.
If he starts crap then you do what you must.
No biggy. Everyone has people they hate at work... atleast i do.
Just look at it as a job. We all work with someone we hate being around, just push through it and if it becomes bad, you could always to HR or superiors. Stay excited about the job, you're there for the job not for the jerk who everyone hates.
Yeah, you guys aren't getting the point here though. I am working with this guy. So i'm limited to his capabilities for now. He already f*cked up pretty bad not too long ago this week, so if i'm not careful this puts a bar on top of my own reputation as well when I know i'm 100 times better than him as an employee. I have the experience and ample more knowledge then he will ever have for the requirements of this job. Luckily I think the upper guy should be seeing this, that this is a guy that we don't want. It's been mentioned before, and they are bringing more people in next week. If anybody is to go it's expected that he's the first.
They will be aware of his skills or lack there of Ace i assume.
He was already employed by them yea?
Dont worry to much about what he does mate. Even if it effects your work.
Just make sure that when people ask why something has not met the deadline or is below standard that you did as much as you could but this other guys is useless.
Employers notice more than us employees think.
Either was stick in there man. Seems you would be happy if not for this guy.
Here is hoping he gets the sack.
Already employed but by the new manager who I suspect will be out of there soon, from guys going back to the higher end people on the big company saying bad about him as well. Me on the other hand, i'm getting in with those upper end people by word of good mouth from these other guys going back to Toronto, and they are already phoning me asking if I want a job after this one is done lol. And at a rate per hour much higher than what I make now too! I'm not worried about it too much, it's just something personal that bothers me, because not all of my outlook is driven by money.

I'm not one to complain about somebody else though, so i'm pretty sure i'll let them notice him while i'm busy trying to do what I can to get the job done. He's trying to impress the current "manager" who thinks he runs the show, when really it's his own employee who i've gotten in the good books with because of the fact that this other employee is tied directly with the bigger company who we all work under lol. So he goes back to the big company, and spreads the word about things, the manager isn't running the show as much as he thinks he is lol. But I am willing to bet that they both get kicked out if anybody on the upper end is starting to see what's really going on here.

If it were me I would have had this one guy out of there a long time ago. We're working with over $100 000 equipment here and he leaves it all out in the open and doesn't move it into the rooms and in secured areas like he was asked to do. One guy was already livid about that, so if I just sit back and laugh to myself as I see what's eventually going to happen here then i'm in good shape haha.
He's gonna get canned, and you're gonna (hopefully) get a better spot! Although it could be considered a duty to the company to report him, even if you're not that type of person.
I don't like pre-justice, just meet him and get to know him.
Don't even think about "What you heard", you can hear a lot of things.
(04-29-2012, 05:57 PM)NekoChan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like pre-justice, just meet him and get to know him.
Don't even think about "What you heard", you can hear a lot of things.

All the posts after my first, were from what i've seen from working with him, so this is no judgement on him just from rumours. This is the real thing.
(04-29-2012, 06:24 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]All the posts after my first, were from what i've seen from working with him, so this is no judgement on him just from rumours. This is the real thing.

Yeah, I noticed the posts after I posted, my bad :3