Support Forums

Full Version: Heartbroken, Depressed, Life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's this girl I have been talking to for a couple years. We hooked up a few times. I was so sure she was the one. She means so much to me. Lately, the past few days I've been bawling my eyes out. I'm going through so much lately and I can't deal with it. She has a new boyfriend. She replaced me in four days. She says she loves me but she doesn't want to be with me for a while. All I can do is wait for her. I can't. The only thing I can do is be with her, or never see her again. That's the only way she will be off of my mind, I'm so in love with her. She's sticking with him.
Why do I have to just leave her? I'm not a jerk, it's just how it has to be with what's going on. My mothers one year is coming up of being dead, she's been on my mind constantly. I've been learning about my father lately that abandoned me when I was 5. Heard he's been trying to commit suicide-- that was 3 years ago. Haven't heard or seen from him since I was 5. I'm almost 18 now. No idea if he's dead or alive, we've had searches for him and we can't find him. Everybody on my fathers side has schizophrenia. I've noticed I've been going through the symptoms lately. I can't handle any emotions at all. I'm diagnosed with dysthymia-- depression for a very long time. I have a competition coming up next week for Nationals in BPA in Computer Security. I'm a badass in it. I'll place high, I know a ton. I've been studying and concentrating on it. My grades have all dropped to straight F's. I've managed to bring them up, I'm only failing 2 classes right now.
Everything seems to just be falling apart, my mind is going crazy. I haven't done anything at all in school the past two days. I try but I just can't pay attention. My mind is absolutely cluttered to the point I don't care anymore. I have a scholarship and if I get ONE F I lose it. School ends in 4 weeks. I've also been offered an internship in Columbus Ohio for Computer Security, which is 4 hours away. I'd have to move there in the summer by myself and live alone and do everything alone if I want that. It would be life changing, because I don't have a job now and it's a great opportunity for me.
I'm completely lost. I don't have the worst life, but it's definitely in the crapper now. I've had suicidal thoughts, but I'm better then that. I have way too much ahead of me. My computer skills excel too much, I'd be able to make a huge impact in this world. I just don't want to be alone. That's my greatest fear. I need somebody. I've been fine for a couple months but I have realized I need a special girl in my life. As I walk through the halls in school, I can barely see anybody that I could see myself actually being with. It's so difficult. I don't know what to do. I can't afford a therapist or any medication. I'm just begging for help.
I can relate, even though there is a three-year age difference in us. A girl can change so much to you, and what sucks a lot is the words the girl says to you, is the ones that mean a lot. A girl can take you out of depression, but can put you in one too. Take your computer skills to the next level, be accomplished, and then find that girl. Schizophrenia? I can relate to that too, I had a small amount of schizophrenia, but it wasn't classified as it, I don't even know what it was called. Anyways, I've been through a good few depressions myself and just know that know matter what, you will find a girl, and that girl will be happy with you too. It'll happen one day. It's just time.

But time is an butthead.
Thanks for the reply. I'm wanting her back. I can't see anybody I want. I'm trying to go out and meet new people today so I can just find myself right now and see what I really want in life. I feel like I just want her. I'm just stuck being depressed and I feel like giving up. I don't want to end up like my dad, it's just so hard.
Be the better person, that is enough in a way. I know how you feel, I'm going through this right now, and it takes the way of coping to get through it all. It's just time my friend, just time. Time is awful like I said.
I have the same thing going on man, we've been discussing it for a while, and got together recently.
I gave her my all as a Boyfriend and young man, but it wasn't enough i guess, this morning she sent me a message and ive been broken since...
We promised each other we wouldn't hurt each other, and im completely shocked
I can relate to the girl part; you need to move past her I'm sorry but if she has you waiting for her then it's a no go. If she truly loved you you wouldn't have to waif for her to get back together. The best thing you can do is talk to some new girls, hell if anything she'll want you back more if she can see that you move past you. And you might find a new girl that you want to have a relation with plus you'll feel better never put somebody as a priority if your not there's.
First off, you will never end up like your dad from what I have read. You are an excelling student and have a great knowledge of computers. As for the girl, you need to move on. But start small, first off find something that takes your mind off her, for me this is usually work, then as you get more and more confident and build yourself back up, start going out and meeting new people that you can relate to. They do not have to be your girlfriend straight away but try to make friends and stick with them. After a while you will start seeing the inner qualities of them and want to be with them longer, this is how you know they are the one.

Hope I helped.
(04-27-2012, 09:59 PM)Lamperougetta Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same thing going on man, we've been discussing it for a while, and got together recently.
I gave her my all as a Boyfriend and young man, but it wasn't enough i guess, this morning she sent me a message and ive been broken since...
We promised each other we wouldn't hurt each other, and im completely shocked

Well I honestly don't think she intentionally hurt you, but if it's over I think she shouldn't be lying anymore and just break up. And well yeah, we all know that hurts like crap at first and it might for a long time, I've experienced it myself Sad But really, stay strong. Here we say "There's a bunch of other fish swimming around". In other words, you'll find the one eventually! Good luck to you (: As I understand you'd be a great boyfriend so everything will be alright eventually.