Support Forums

Full Version: Dad has a brain tumor but he won't let me tell my mom...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Well he told me this in March and I haven't spoke to anyone about it yet. I really love him and the reason he won't let me tell my mom is because the tumor is located where my mom stuck a hatchet inside in his head 15 - 20 years ago and if anything happened to him, I wouldn't know what my mom would do and how to do deal with the guilt she might face. I know nothing about tumors but he said it was the size of a nickel, so can someone tell me if that is big or small. He also said the doctors are checking on it and they said he don't really have anything to worry about right now. I've tried to tell him to go get surgery but his mom died during surgery removing a brain tumor. I have no idea what to do. I don't know if I should wait, try to get my mom to go to the doctor with him in May or something. I was thinking of getting my mom to go to the doctor so she could find out but she will probably be asleep during that time of the morning. Also, she knows he has a bump on his head but I'm not sure if she knows what it is. Any support will help.
I would do whatever it takes to get her to the doctor. You don't have to tell her if you don't want to, but she needs to know.
I think , you have posted this before.. but anyways you should tell your dad to tell her wife and be strong...
If the doctors say there is nothing to worry about then also you should tell her..
I know lying is bad, but I think you should keep the tumor whereabouts a secret.
It would be nice for your mom to know, but I am sure the doctor would co-operate to lie where the tumor lies.

Lying is bad, but sometimes telling the truth could lead into far worse situations.