Support Forums

Full Version: I was threatened and "bullied"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Note: All names are changed to protect my identity and the identity of others.

A little background information before I begin:
I have a friend named Norman who owns an iPod and wants Andy to sell it since he's too lazy. They will both split the money once he's done selling. They've done for a numerous amount of times so Norman trusts Andy. Andy, Norman and I have been very good friends since our Freshman years in high school.

Andy and I are in a class together and he asks me "Hey, what did we do in History?", I start joking around and say "Did I hear something?" until he gets frustrated and willingly offers Norman's iPod in exchange for what we did in History and what the homework was. Andy says it's broken (it really wasn't since I charged it at home and tried it out). <END!>

This happened on the Thursday before this posting:
Andy and I are in the same class together two days later and we're slacking off playing Uno with the other students since we had a substitute teacher. About 20 minutes before the end of the school day, two of Andy's friends, Michael and Simon come in. Now, Michael is a pretty big guy, about one foot taller than me and 100 pounds heavier. I don't know much about Simon since I haven't really seen him at school before.

Michael sits beside me and Simon sits on the right of Michael. Michael decides to confront me (which was completely unexpected) and asks where there iPod is. I reply with "Home" (Since it was really at home). Michael says that I NEED to give it back to Andy and I say that he WILLINGLY handed it over to me in exchange for answers. Michael says "I don't care, it belongs to Andy now." I glare at Andy thinking "What the fudge is this bullshit?" Now Andy doesn't say anything and stares at me with a blank face. Michael asks me what I exchanged it for and I respond with "History answers" and he says I need to give it back. I tell him that he already handed it in and again he says he doesn't give a crap. Now, here comes the good part, he asks me what kind of locker I have (we have half-lockers for freshman and full lockers for everyone else). Simon decides to say that Michael will stuff me into a locker (A classic, huh?). I respond with the smartass comment "I don't think I'll fit in a locker." Michael tells Andy to stand up and they both stand up. You know, a movie scene where everyone stands up to confront a guy who's sitting down. Simon says you don't want to know what happens if you don't give it back." Michael says it's his iPod which is absolute bullshit since it belonged to Norman. I ask Michael, "If it really belongs to you, name one artist on the iPod" and he responds with 2pac (Oh big deal, Andy probably told him that.) I tell him to name one of the dubstep artists on the iPod and he threatens me some more. He says he'll trade a deck of cards for the iPod (LOL? Cheapass?) Now, Michael doesn't use a loud tone but he uses a serious tone. He threatens me until the teacher decides to get involved and ask what's going on because the energy changed to negative. Simon says that they were just fighting over the Uno game. The bell rings and Simon and Michael leave.

I break down and yell at Andy telling him to stay in class since it obviously hurts to be backstabbed by a friend of more than 3 years. The teacher, Andy, and I settle things and I ask him why he needs to get those guys involved. The teacher asked Andy whether or not he talked to me about giving the iPod back becore getting those guys involved and he respond with a no, which was true. I asked him why didn't he confront those guys and he doesn't say anything which is stupid. The teacher asks whether or not an iPod is worth more than friendship and trust. I ask Andy whether or not he asked those guys to get involved and he said that he just told Michael and Simon that he gave the iPod to me (WHICH I FOUND ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT). I said I'll give the iPod back to Norman not him and he'll decide whether or not to trust Andy with anymore deals. Andy says he's sorry and I leave the classroom to wash my face and get a cold drink of water then go home thinking about what happened. Andy decides to message me on FaceBook (which I don't find a very "formal" way to apologize) saying that Simon, Michael and him are sorry and that our friendship isn't worth an iPod. He calls Simon and Michael "pussies" and that he's sorry (again).

So...what should I do SF?
Honestly mate there is no place for threatening mates over a silly device.
From what i can tell you carried yourself properly in this situation.
Ultimately that friendship is over now i feel. One cant spit in a mates face then expect him to invite you over for a beer if you know what i mean.
Look man i would simply give them the ipod and wipe your hands of them.
Clearly there is more to the story here that your unaware of but that does not matter.
You sould like a good guy and those "mates" of yours are, well assholes man!