Support Forums

Full Version: Random Flinching/Reflexes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, this has been a thing I've been pondering about for the past few years. I can be sat down and just randomly flinch as-if something just dropped down in front of my face. Also, when I'm sat in college and someone raises a hand I flinch, it's quite embarrassing if someone notices because they all point it out and makes me feel quite small. But it can just happen randomly, for no reason. It's quite noticeable, I've seen a few people point it out before, obviously I know I'm doing it myself but I try to hide it.

When I was younger I was bullied pretty much every day of my life for about 10 years, this includes getting beat up quite a lot of the time (well, maybe 10-20 times in the 10 years), could this be why? Could it be an effect from the trauma of being bullied? That's what I've always blamed it on in the past, but I just want to know for sure.

I never saw myself posting a topic asking for help here, lol. I'm usually the one offering support.
I wouldn't think so, did you ever bring this up to your doctor?
(03-19-2012, 12:32 PM)Muiltyhunter Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't think so, did you ever bring this up to your doctor?

I don't have 'a doctor', so no.
(03-19-2012, 12:35 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have 'a doctor', so no.

When you got bullied, did you ever receive any physical trauma?
If you got a blow to the head that could be a reason.
Well it's there is nothing wrong about that I have a friend that is the school president and the coolest guy on school and he flinches every 30 seconds or so and there us nothing wrong about that and if your bullied report it to an adult if you are an adult report it to the police. Simple as that.
(03-19-2012, 12:41 PM)Existence Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2012, 12:35 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have 'a doctor', so no.

When you got bullied, did you ever receive any physical trauma?

Most likely, yes.

(03-19-2012, 02:18 PM)๖ۣۜChubaca™ Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's there is nothing wrong about that I have a friend that is the school president and the coolest guy on school and he flinches every 30 seconds or so and there us nothing wrong about that and if your bullied report it to an adult if you are an adult report it to the police. Simple as that.

I don't have terrettes. You don't know how bad my life was, or what I went through so don't give me any of that "its simple as dat bro" s hit.
(03-19-2012, 02:29 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]When you got bullied, did you ever receive any physical trauma?

Most likely, yes.

(03-19-2012, 02:18 PM)๖ۣۜChubaca™ Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's there is nothing wrong about that I have a friend that is the school president and the coolest guy on school and he flinches every 30 seconds or so and there us nothing wrong about that and if your bullied report it to an adult if you are an adult report it to the police. Simple as that.

I don't have terrettes. You don't know how bad my life was, or what I went through so don't give me any of that "its simple as dat bro" s hit.
[/quote]

It's a problem and you can't control it, just don't let the kids get to you. If you show them that you get hurt by it, they will keep on doing it if you don't show that you're annoyed by it then they may stop.

Well sorry honestly find a doctor I don't know how to make the flinchig stop. And don't think life is bad for me getting called "fat" "gay" "homo" "bitch" "ass hole" "retard" or getting a punch to the face every freakin day because I'm fat and have epilepsy.
Go to a doctor and a counselor you can often find free counseling at your school.
Guys, I left school 3-4 years ago. I don't still get bullied and my doctor refuses to see me. But I still get the random flinches.
Pages: 1 2 3