Support Forums

Full Version: Relationship BS I have to deal with :( Just want some insight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My boyfriend wanted to go on a 3-day trip with his youth group (girls and guys mixed) for Spring Break. I encouraged him to go and told him it would be fun. I, ofc, don't go to his youth group, so I'm not going on the trip, which is fine.

His parents could care less and let him go with no problems. HOWEVER, this made me mad (although I didn't let it show to my bf). Let me explain:

Last summer, my bf invited me to go on a day trip (no overnight stuff like on the trip he's taking now) to the beach with this same youth group. I was a bit hesitant but gave in and decided to go. AS SOON as his parents heard I was going, his dad butted in and decided to go too as a chaperon. He was glued to our hips the WHOLE TIME and kept saying things like "no hugging, no PDA (public display of affection)" to the group while LOOKING RIGHT AT US...to put it lightly, that day was HORRIBLE and we didn't have any fun.

Now, we're not bad kids. We've been together for almost 3 years, follow all his parents' rules, no matter how crazy we think they are. And when we want to go somewhere together, they are all over it and either don't let him go when I'm going or go as a "chaperon" either stay glued to us the whole time or try to keep us apart (when I went to the beach with him and the group, his dad made me ride the girls' bus even though I didn't know ANYONE....awkward). But when he wants to go with all these guys and girls on a 3-day trip with swimming and sleeping together at hotels, they don't give a rats ass....

Just needed to vent. I'm pissed as hell.
But any insight/advice is welcome.
That's bullshit, I am honestly guessing they don't like you. Or they don't want him to get you pregnant or something. Just imho obviously because I don't know you. How old are you?
We're both 16; I'll be 17 in two months.

I honestly think they don't like me either...We're both still virgins, even after the 3 years we've been together. We even stopped kissing because his parents "didn't approve of it" and when I go to his house (which is like, once a year, because of previous issues with them) we don't even cuddle or anything.
I know that it's scary, but you need to discuss this with his parents, and ask them if you've done anything to upset them. If you can't do that, ask your boyfriend to; you never want to be on the parent's bad side.
Alreiger - he has talked to his parents MULTIPLE times and every time they way the same BS: "We think you two are in such a great relationship and we trust you both and love having __(my name)__ over."
(03-19-2012, 05:46 PM)Twicks Wrote: [ -> ]Alreiger - he has talked to his parents MULTIPLE times and every time they way the same BS: "We think you two are in such a great relationship and we trust you both and love having __(my name)__ over."

Hmm, you could always go the opposite route; if they don't like you, give them a reason-- when your boyfriend goes on trips, don't tell them you're going, see if they ever figure it out.
I've kinda been doing that...not going to their house, making up "excuses" (which are obv. fake), giving them the cold shoulder.

Time to kick it up a notch. In the meantime, maybe I should start texting my bf again?
I dont get you by "maybe I should start texting my bf again?" in the above post... You dont text ur bf? If you dont then I think, you of course should text him ...
Its pretty wierd though that his parents are doing that but maybe they dont want you guys to get into premature stuff like sex... maybe thats why they want ou two maintain a distance ... I am sure they must be liking you if they told ur bf ...

please dont mind me asking, but dont ur parents say anything to you and do they approve of your bf?

Sorry for grammatical mistakes/errors
I stopped texting him while he was on the trip. He came back yesterday and texted me a couple times so I decided to respond.

Ofc they don't want their son to have sex but we aren't given ANY space, even after being repeatedly told that they trust us. Their actions completely contradict their words.

Yes, my parents approve of my having a bf and of him. They love him like their own son and they give us space, etc. and they also COMPLETELY disagree with his parents and what they do.
That dad seems like a huge douchbag. I would say just ignore it if you can, no matter how hard it is. If you have been together for 3 years I would have some faith in him though. Just while he is gone try to have some fun if you can.
Pages: 1 2