Support Forums

Full Version: Cat Advice Thread! Ask the Guru!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know a lot about cats. More than you'd probably learn from Google because I have been around cats all my life. Breeding cats, and just having them as pets.

Ask away!
One of my cats is around 8 years old and once every few months he has a sneezing fit that takes him a minute to calm down; is his health at risk? He's a very healthy cat, and his fur is very soft (that's an indicator of health, isn't it?), but I still need confirmation.
(03-10-2012, 03:59 PM)Alreiger Wrote: [ -> ]One of my cats is around 8 years old and once every few months he has a sneezing fit that takes him a minute to calm down; is his health at risk? He's a very healthy cat, and his fur is very soft (that's an indicator of health, isn't it?), but I still need confirmation.

Soft fur, that's not matted or tuffed ( like, in clumps ), means that he's grooming himself. My cats sneeze every so often. They sneeze for the exact same reason we sneeze. Dander. Cat's sneezes are intense though, if you ever watch them. Sometimes they sneeze 3-4 times after another. It's common though.

Backtracking, if he's grooming himself, that means he still cares about himself. He's not going to die yet.
When a cat quits grooming its self, it knows that it's health is failing, and he's going to die soon. It's not within days, more like a slow yearly failing thing.
So what should i do if my cat is vomiting out his guts.
(03-10-2012, 04:30 PM)TwoMuchCaffeine Wrote: [ -> ]So what should i do if my cat is vomiting out his guts.

Not post here if you're going to be a troll.
Just a bump, I want to be able to help people if they ask.
I have 2 cats. One of them hates people, what is a way to get here to warp up to people more?
(03-14-2012, 12:48 AM)Tactical_Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]I have 2 cats. One of them hates people, what is a way to get here to warp up to people more?

Same situation here. One of my cats, whom of which you hear in my second
Splinter Cell video, hates people, but sleeps with me constantly.

If they don't like visitors, they don't like visitors. A common way cats warm up to people is being naturally nice, and the visitor just being patient with the cat, letting the cat come to the visitor.
(03-14-2012, 06:02 PM)ABlackFedora Wrote: [ -> ]Same situation here. One of my cats, whom of which you hear in my second
Splinter Cell video, hates people, but sleeps with me constantly.

If they don't like visitors, they don't like visitors. A common way cats warm up to people is being naturally nice, and the visitor just being patient with the cat, letting the cat come to the visitor.
That actually makes sense. I will make sure of it Big Grin.