Support Forums

Full Version: Hundreds of Dead Starfish On Skegness Beach (England)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I heard about this on facebook originally and was extremely exaggerated. Either that or the fish got washed back out to sea, I live here and just last week there's a dead Sperm Whale that washed up on our beach, and now this. A few years back, something similar to this happened, but with fish, not starfish.

Pics:

Any ideas on how this was caused? It wasn't just there it happened, it was all the way up the beach, they were just in bulk there.

This was actually on Chapel St Leonards beach but Chapel isn't as famous as Skeg. Big Grin
Can anyone shed some light on this? It made be feel ill, I think starfish are adorable. My first though was something similar the avian flu.
That's crazy, that looks to be more like thousands of dead starfish. Perhaps there's some sort of water pollution around your area? I can't understand why else this would happen.
(03-10-2012, 12:38 PM)iKraZee Wrote: [ -> ]That's crazy, that looks to be more like thousands of dead starfish. Perhaps there's some sort of water pollution around your area? I can't understand why else this would happen.

I saw his other thread and I think that a boat may be responsible for this as well. Do any ships travel by you with oil or toxins of any kind, OP?
If I remember rightly, our sea is basically the bottom of the English Chanel so it wouldn't surprise me.

EDIT: This is what is was like before I got there:

[Image: zPl3PA.png]
(03-10-2012, 03:01 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]If I remember rightly, our sea is basically the bottom of the English Chanel so it wouldn't surprise me.

EDIT: This is what is was like before I got there:

[Image: zPl3PA.png]

Has your cities newspaper made any large articles regarding this? I'm wondering if they'd have the full story.
Erm, let me check.

Not from what I can find, but apparently it happened around the same time, last year in waled (other side of the country)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north...s-12845262
That's so weird, maybe something big happened on the sea floor.
Holy crap, that's so crazy, wow, just wow.
Damn, thats alot of dead starfish