Support Forums

Full Version: Overprotective dad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm 15, I smoke occasionally, I have cronh's. My father thinks I can't take care of myself, he thinks I still have flare ups from my crohn's when I haven't had a single stomach pain in 4 weeks. Everything I ask to go out with friends he always thinks I cant take care of myself due to my cronh's. Also he thinks I'm going to smoke and become a "addict" because my brother has gone down that path. This crap drives me insane and just makes me want to leave my home. How do I show/tell my dad that I'm capable of taking care of myself?
Leaving your home is not really a good idea. Stay home and listen to what your dad's saying as its for your own best
Well trust me buddy, smoking at such a yound agee is not at all right.. You should stop this habbit of yours yours... Also fathers are always over proctective about there children no matter what... he just wants to make sure that you are alright thats all..
You should not feel annoyed about it.. Its just human nature, I am sure when you grow up and became a father you will do the same Smile
Dont leave, stay, obey your dad. Cant quit smoking? reduce. But do not leave what so ever, Trust me buddy. I KNOW! No need to "tell" your dad you can takecare, show him. You will realize this when you have kids.