Support Forums

Full Version: Dad has a tumor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I dont feel like going into detail but he has been having these headaches for a month. What hurts the most is that I cannot tell anyone in my family because no one knows and my mom caused it. A while back she hit him in the head with a hatchet right where the tumor is. I'm afraid my mom may try to commit suicide or something so that's probably why also. I don't really have anyone to share this with or would I in real life. But I just need to know what you guys know about tomors and do you think he'll need surgery?

also he won't do surgery because his mother passed from surgery removing a tumor

Sad
I am soo sorry for you buddy, I think you should be strong and support your mother and try and convince her that suicide is not option.. You should also persude your father that he should consult a doctor and talk about surgery... I dont know what else to say but Best wishes with you and ur family ..
Surgery would be your dads best option, he can try and avoid that route but if it continues to grow he will eventually die. Doctors and surgeons can slow the swelling of the tumour dramatically. You will also need to support your mother, she will blame herself for a long time. She will need someone to look after her and reassure her that things will be okay.
I'm afraid he'll have to take the risk of dying on the table, because if he doesn't, his fate is sealed.

As for you OP, stay strong for your dad. I know how scary this can be as my granma has had more sugureys than hot dinners, I even stood by her when she had gull stones. Just stay strong for you dad, even if it seems hard, if he starts feeling down a bit, get him up and doing something and you help him out, crack jokes and have a laugh. You don't want him to spiral into depression.
(03-10-2012, 04:05 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid he'll have to take the risk of dying on the table, because if he doesn't, his fate is sealed.

As for you OP, stay strong for your dad. I know how scary this can be as my granma has had more sugureys than hot dinners, I even stood by her when she had gull stones. Just stay strong for you dad, even if it seems hard, if he starts feeling down a bit, get him up and doing something and you help him out, crack jokes and have a laugh. You don't want him to spiral into depression.

The advice BreShiE has given you is something you really are going to need to take note of. Your dad and mom are going to need you to be strong for them, even if it's hard for you to do so. If they see you can manage to keep your spirits lifted I'm sure that in time theirs will lift too. It's always hard when the threat of losing someone is there, just try to make it a more calm atmosphere for them.