Support Forums

Full Version: Not sure if this is 'emotional' but...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tend to get light headed and involuntarily hyperventilate and/or laugh when I read or discuss anything that has to do with the human body. Neurons to blood cells, needles to taking my pulse, everything it seems puts me in this mindset.

I don't know what to look up or if anyone else has this problem... I know some people are afraid of blood or guts when they see them, I'm not. But if we discuss them, whether in a scientific manner or not, I tend to act up.
You should go talk to a doctor if you think that this is a serious issue.

If it is just a little problem, it may be because you are not used to discussing the human body with others, and may be shy, or embarrassed.
The thing is... it's not just when discussing it. I read this science publication today: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...103701.htm and I still acted up. :/

It's really weird... I'm definitely not embarrassed or shy though. XD
Wow, haha.
I used feel the same way.
I didn't think it was disgusting or anything, but I did get some sort of feeling.
This didn't really relate to blood or cells or anything, but like needles and things of that manner.
(03-10-2012, 07:35 PM)Icon Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, haha.
I used feel the same way.
I didn't think it was disgusting or anything, but I did get some sort of feeling.
This didn't really relate to blood or cells or anything, but like needles and things of that manner.

So it's not just me! :O

You say you 'used' to feel the same way, do you still now? If not, how did you get over it? Smile

I need to know, XD I've had this problem for ages and it just makes me look sick. (I laughed involuntarily during so many presentations when I had History about the atrocities that took place in WWII that it just made me look absolutely nuts. :/)
(03-10-2012, 07:39 PM)Valderino Wrote: [ -> ]So it's not just me! :O

You say you 'used' to feel the same way, do you still now? If not, how did you get over it? Smile

I need to know, XD I've had this problem for ages and it just makes me look sick. (I laughed involuntarily during so many presentations when I had History about the atrocities that took place in WWII that it just made me look absolutely nuts. :/)

I honestly am not sure cause our problems aren't really the same.
I didn't ever get light header or hyperventilate, just kind of got weird thats all, like I would try to think of something else.
Just don't even read those articles then, if it isn't good for your health/
I also get these same feeling whenever I'm in science class or health class. My body starts to feel weird about it and it's like my body is getting weaker. Don't know how to really explain but I think you get the same feeling as me.