Support Forums

Full Version: Trouble introducing myself.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so I'll try to explain this as much as possible.

When I started college there was a girl I'd always see because I would walk from class to class, I've only talked to her once and that's mainly because I asked for her name. Well anyways, that was late November, and honestly I can't get the will up to talk to her, I've seen this girl for about .. 6 months total, I've only talked to her one in a time period of three months. I am not anti-social at all, in fact I honestly love meeting new people, but when I try to talk to her, I get all tensed up and frozen.

I know it sounds odd, but any advice?
Actually put up the will & talk to her, you like her at all???
(02-28-2012, 07:54 PM)///ViNcE Wrote: [ -> ]Actually put up the will & talk to her, you like her at all???

That's pretty much the problem, I can't like someone I don't know, but she's just been on my mind so much lately, it's horrible.
(02-28-2012, 08:08 PM)Remorsal Wrote: [ -> ]That's pretty much the problem, I can't like someone I don't know, but she's just been on my mind so much lately, it's horrible.

Well then this is proof that for you, you can like someone that you don't "know"

These are the symptoms of the laws of attraction friend Smile There is no "advice" you can get here, there's no way to prepare for the event that you do walk up to her. And the more you prepare, the more you'll think about screwing up. Just do it, that's all I've got to say. The best parts of my life were when I finally realized that you just gotta do it, so go for it. If something goes wrong, what do you have to loose? You're not getting any farther, or farther behind if you don't talk to her and you're not around her in the first place.

Everybody thinks there's some magical advice for this kind of thing. Truth is, there isn't, the only thing "advice" does here is boosts your confidence when you finally realize for YOURSELF the positives of just going ahead with it. It's putting you into the right state of mind with positive thinking so that you can build up the courage to do it. Courage that you probably already have, "advice" only just makes you realize that.

Cheers Smile
Thank you so much , I know I need to build up my confidence and I've tried on several occasions to try to talk to her, but when I get like 5 feet away from her I just tense up bad, and all confidence is lost.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
So? Muscle cramps make me tense up too but the fact is life moves on lol. Think about it this way, this is a fraction of your life here. And the only real difficulty there is, is building up the courage to go and talk to her, how can anything be that bad when you're actually talking to her if you've done it before? Is she some sort of alien that speaks in a different language and you need to learn how to speak it first (lol even though women are a tough nut to crack sometimes, I guarantee i've been around women that most people couldn't possibly understand as i've had trouble doing it as well).

If you can't talk to her just because you want to, but you can't, then make up an excuse to talk to her, by yourself, on your own. Make a conversation starter, and do NOT think too hard about it, or you'll miss the train; your opportunity.

"Just go with it" (Sidenote: you ever seen that movie? lol)

Do it, that's all i've got to say. How are you going to talk to women in the future if you can't practice doing it now Smile
(02-28-2012, 10:10 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]So? Muscle cramps make me tense up too but the fact is life moves on lol. Think about it this way, this is a fraction of your life here. And the only real difficulty there is, is building up the courage to go and talk to her, how can anything be that bad when you're actually talking to her if you've done it before? Is she some sort of alien that speaks in a different language and you need to learn how to speak it first (lol even though women are a tough nut to crack sometimes, I guarantee i've been around women that most people couldn't possibly understand as i've had trouble doing it as well).

If you can't talk to her just because you want to, but you can't, then make up an excuse to talk to her, by yourself, on your own. Make a conversation starter, and do NOT think too hard about it, or you'll miss the train; your opportunity.

"Just go with it" (Sidenote: you ever seen that movie? lol)

Do it, that's all i've got to say. How are you going to talk to women in the future if you can't practice doing it now Smile

Oh you have it all wrong. I meant tensed up as in I have nothing to say, I'm just there looking dumbfounded , I want to talk to her but it's just this odd reason. I have no trouble talking to girls what-so-ever but that's why needed advice this time. I've never experienced how I react to this female.

I'm going to try my hardest to talk to her tomorrow, as you're right I only have a set time to live, and I'm just wasting away my life by wanting to talk to her. I guess I just can't take the feeling when I'm around her as it's just naturally new to me.

Thanks Ace, I really appreciate it. I'll make sure to talk to her soon.
Quote:Oh you have it all wrong. I meant tensed up as in I have nothing to say

lol no, I think you read what I said and you've got it all wrong. I was trying to make an analogy to lighten the mood here...

"just this odd reason" - haha, there's no reason existant here friend Smile You're making it up as it's human nature to provide a mental barrier such as this to protect yourself from getting "hurt", but you need to ask yourself, getting hurt of what?

Have fun, I won't say good luck because you won't need it, and I don't believe in that. You're fine, if you mess things up, who cares? Do you know how many times i've messed things up? But it's all part of the learning experience, and it makes you grow stronger in the future in any attempts you make.

Before you jump off a cliff, you'd be insane not to think "what if I die?" lol, but that is just a mental barrier from preventing you from doing something is it not? You haven't jumped yet, you have a parachute, and your jumping into water below. That's the way I see things here, fear is your mental barrier, and if you break it, you can become a cliff jumping champ Smile
Thank you Ace, I really appreciate it.