Support Forums

Full Version: What mp3 player has the best sound quality?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to buy a new mp3 player and want a mp3 player that has great sound quality. To me that is the most important thing for a portal music player to do. Don't care about stupid stuff like apps because I have a $2500 computer to do that. I do like a lot of battery life and support for many types of music files. I prefer drag-n-drop over using software to put stuff on it. So anyone have any suggestions?
I don't think the quality determines on the type of MP3 player you have as the MP3 player simply acts as a memory unit without compressing or changing MP3 files of course it also acts as a amplifier to amplify the sound through the headphones but aslong as you get a decent MP3 player rather than an old 5$ chinese one you should be fine, just get an iPod as the quality really depends on the headphones aswell as the MP3 source.

Say for example you have a pair of really good heaphones but your mp3's are from a youtube converter site like www.tubidy.com then your sound quality will be rubbish as converting from youtube or any video for that really kills the quality, to get good quality MP3's I suggest you rip them from CD's or download full CD rips rather than single tracks.

But also you will need a good pair of headphones, I have listed a few with good reviews. You will need to google the names to find more information:

In-ear headphones:
SoundMAGIC E10 Earphones RRP £34.99
Phonak Audéo PFE 012 Earphones
ClarityOne Earphones << I own a pair of these, they are amazing!
Phonak Audeo PFE 232 Earphones

Over-head headphones:
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Closed Back Headphones
German Maestro GMP 435 S
HiFiMan HE-500
SoundMAGIC P30

Hope my post helped you.
My honest opinion i would purchase a phone instead of a mp3 device on its own. Reasons being is a phone obviously serves multiple purposes and have a large amount of memory and battery life. If i was to personally get any phone to use for this purpose it would be the iphone or samsung galaxy s2 has a large memory capacity and serves 1000 purposes all in 1 devices. For ear phones i would purchase the monster studio beats by dr dre the sound quality on them is PHENOMINAL and cannot be beaten by any headphones. Regards UB3R Thumbsup.
I use a iPod touch and I am very happy with it.