Support Forums

Full Version: Very absent feeling..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everytime I get sad or mad or anything, I go into something called "autopilot". I block myself from the outer world, while being somewhere else in my mind, like flying over town with an imaginary person (no idea how that happened, but it just did).

I have been feeling very absent for over 4 months now, and its getting worse and worse, I overreacted something too wich made me go into autopilot for 50 full minutes one day ago, it still hurts that it happened tho.

Someone help me? Tongue

Thanks ~
Come on guys, I am sure one of you hassome tips for me (:
Sorry for the lateness, maybe start writing a journal of everything that happeneds everyday. Not only that, go see a therapist about it. Damn, didn't know you posted something, I'm so sorry :/
What happens when people attempt to talk to you during this phase?

I think we all have some sort of cooling off method when we're mad but in your case, seems a bit extreme. I'd try to work on it to serve as some effective but that doesn't make you feel oblivious and that won't have a negative side effect afterward. Also, as the other poster pointed out, if you feel it's too strong and you can't control it, you may need some professional help as perhaps the problem is deeper than you think. See if your school/community offers free counseling.
Well man, is what I would do is talk to our freinds, ya know, get yourself a girlfriend who is willing to talk whenever you need to. Ya know?
Do you participate in any after school activities such as a club or a sports team?

If you do not, you should consider joining one just so you have that extra interaction with people so you do not feel lonely/ isolate yourself by going straight home after school.

When I was injured from running, (8 month long injury) I would go home everyday by myself and suffered from minor depression/ isolation. Now, I am perfectly fine socially/ emotionally because i run everyday after school like I used to with friends/ by myself, etc.
(02-19-2012, 04:01 PM)Pointz Wrote: [ -> ]Do you participate in any after school activities such as a club or a sports team?

If you do not, you should consider joining one just so you have that extra interaction with people so you do not feel lonely/ isolate yourself by going straight home after school.

When I was injured from running, (8 month long injury) I would go home everyday by myself and suffered from minor depression/ isolation. Now, I am perfectly fine socially/ emotionally because i run everyday after school like I used to with friends/ by myself, etc.

I recently visited a therapist and she said the same thing to me, she says my brain is full and it needs to become empty by Physical excercise.

Im gonna try and go do fitness

(02-19-2012, 01:31 AM)Dragon45 Wrote: [ -> ]What happens when people attempt to talk to you during this phase?

I think we all have some sort of cooling off method when we're mad but in your case, seems a bit extreme. I'd try to work on it to serve as some effective but that doesn't make you feel oblivious and that won't have a negative side effect afterward. Also, as the other poster pointed out, if you feel it's too strong and you can't control it, you may need some professional help as perhaps the problem is deeper than you think. See if your school/community offers free counseling.

When someone talks to me in this phase, I try and ignore them, when they ask again I just give them a normal answer (Therefore autopilot), like I normally would.

I just dont really mean it.