Support Forums

Full Version: How many forums are to many?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lets say your running a Board.
How many forums and sub forums would consider to be the max for any Board?
Reason i ask is i counted mine today Yeye 102 LMFAO
Im not kidding lol 102! Nono
Whats your thoughts about that?
It depends on what the board is about as there may be few to many categories or aspects of whatever the forum was created for, in terms of information.

I would say 40-50 is a good range though
(02-10-2012, 08:21 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on what the board is about as there may be few to many categories or aspects of whatever the forum was created for, in terms of information.

I would say 40-50 is a good range though

So you think 102 is to many mate lolz.
I never counted them until today or dont ever remember counting them.
To be fair though in my situation i have many hidden forums for a variety of reasons.
If you asked me if I thought it was too much I would say yes. But does that mean that it is too much? No, that's just my opinion based on my perception.
It really depends on what your board focuses on; what topic is mainly discussed.
In my opinion, that's a whole lot of forums.
The more forums / sub forums you have the lesser populated each are going to be. If you have that many it needs to be the right ratio against how big your user base is, else your board is going to look baron and un-intereresting.
I think 102 is really too much.. I did the same mistake.. Have less forums initially and then maybe increase them with the rate of traffic ...
Less is more. If your forum is small (as Crystal said) 102 is too many. Start smaller and then if the forum starts to take off then you can grow into something bigger.

If you're finding yourself bored with time on your hands, then instead of creating too many forums on one board, try making a few different boards and make forums on each, that way you have more of a chance of at least one of them taking off.

Just a thought, hope this helps.
Less than 20 for a site like yours. You could condense the crap out of your site and make it look a lot more active than it is.
(02-16-2012, 12:06 AM)King Wrote: [ -> ]Less than 20 for a site like yours. You could condense the crap out of your site and make it look a lot more active than it is.

Activity is not important to me.
But i did laugh when you posted that thanks lol.
I have over 30 hidden forums alone.
Pages: 1 2 3