Support Forums

Full Version: I dont deserve to ask this but still iam asking ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone . Well iam very sad today Sad and i have some querries to ask you guys but before that , i would like to tell you'll something about myself
my name is Prince Sharma . Iam doing B.E [ bachelor of engineering ] my Stream is IT [Information Technologoy ] .ok so the thing is that i hated computers Big Grin I mean i was never ever interested in a career field which was related to computers
guess what ? I still even dont know how to format my system lol just because i never had any kind of interest in it
I also wanted to be a VJ [video jockey] it was like my dream . But due to some family problems I could never even think about it ;) . well that was past.
now i have started liking computers a bit as i "have" to like it Big Grin, know a bit of coding in java now Smile feels good .

and now what my querry is that after switching to computers its like my "Dream" to make an Antivius" my own antivirus Smile well i dont deserve to ask this because i dont know much about it please dont laugh at this Smile but i can really work hard
its just the guidance i want . Today 1 guy at HF told me to learn c++ for that. so what more you all can suggest ?? please ?

next thing is that iam in 6th semester now and after 6 months iam having my campus and i dont know much about what they really ask ?? our proffessors tell us to to learn c , java or c# and PHP . they say learn these languages if you want to "earn something in your life" and also they have told us to go through all the basics of these languages to get selected at campus and also should have good command in java or c#.

but if you ask me iam really not interested in it . whenever i think of computers i think of my dream. so what you people say ? what should i do ? its just the time which is the problem like i have only a year then i have to do Job any how . so could i do anything like in 1 year . Iam ready to work really hard.
and another problem is that next month i have to submit my minor project and then major project based on any programming language Sad
so please suggest me guys what should i do now ?? Iam really tensed so posted here ,as guidance from you'll would be really helpful to me . understanding my point, about my career and then replying would really be helpful thanks ;)

and I dont think this is the correct thread to ask but sorry i did'nt found any appropriate thread for asking this, so posted here ;)

little bit grammer improved, credits Breshie bro ;)
It's not for us to decide what you do in life, you have to figure that out for yourslef I'm afraid. Fot the past 6 years I've always wanted to pursue a career in something to do with computers, but last month I had epiphany and now want to be a counciler. No clue what brough that on as I've always hated them. So I'm afraid you have to figure it out for yourself.

As for the idiot who told you to learn c++ you shouldn't listen to him, C++ is an extremely hard/advanced language to learn. Never a good choice for you first language. Something like C# would suit you nicely though.
(02-08-2012, 12:06 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]It's not for us to decide what you do in life, you have to figure that out for yourslef I'm afraid. Fot the past 6 years I've always wanted to pursue a career in something to do with computers, but last month I had epiphany and now want to be a counciler. No clue what brough that on as I've always hated them. So I'm afraid you have to figure it out for yourself.

As for the idiot who told you to learn c++ you shouldn't listen to him, C++ is an extremely hard/advanced language to learn. Never a good choice for you first language. Something like C# would suit you nicely though.

Well its not that , its my first , iam little bit good at java . I have followed newbostons tutorials on c++ and java both, so can i choose java as c# alternative ?? and the field i have choosen is totally based on software development so what you say i should continue learning java more and more ??
(02-08-2012, 12:14 PM)prince76 Wrote: [ -> ]Well its not that , its my first , iam little bit good at java . I have followed newbostons tutorials on c++ and java both, so can i choose java as c# alternative ?? and the field i have choosen is totally based on software development so what you say i should continue learning java more and more ??

If you enjoy it, then yes stick with it. I've tried so many languages and I'm trying to find another one to stick with other than web development.
(02-08-2012, 12:34 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]If you enjoy it, then yes stick with it. I've tried so many languages and I'm trying to find another one to stick with other than web development.
Always a problem when somehow web is your roots :/

Anyways, ya, learning what you like may help. Learning C++ is extremely hard as I've tried it & rethinking it. But if it's really you, please let me know & I can get you some books & maybe we can work together.
Even other resources, let me know ;)
As most people have said C++ is an advanced langauge. Java is a very simple yet powerfull language.
In the United Kingdom, we study Java at University and then companies can offer placements to students after they finish their 3rd year.
If I was you, id go for Java, you will find alot of support for Java, as its a popular and simple language where C++ is complex with less people using it.

If you dont think that you will make it then try something that you know you can do. Im studying software engineering at University, hoping to get a placement doing programming. But I also know alot of Web Developement in the rare case it doesnt work out.

A big thing that I learnt is to be confident. Dont ever say you cant do it, you will do it!
Thank you so much guys for your support it means alot really Smile well I have decided to go with Java now and will be studying more of Java and hope do something well in it ! Thanks again ;)
(02-08-2012, 11:55 AM)prince76 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone . Well iam very sad today Sad and i have some querries to ask you guys but before that , i would like to tell you'll something about myself
my name is Prince Sharma . Iam doing B.E [ bachelor of engineering ] my Stream is IT [Information Technologoy ] .ok so the thing is that i hated computers Big Grin I mean i was never ever interested in a career field which was related to computers
guess what ? I still even dont know how to format my system lol just because i never had any kind of interest in it
I also wanted to be a VJ [video jockey] it was like my dream . But due to some family problems I could never even think about it ;) . well that was past.
now i have started liking computers a bit as i "have" to like it Big Grin, know a bit of coding in java now Smile feels good .

and now what my querry is that after switching to computers its like my "Dream" to make an Antivius" my own antivirus Smile well i dont deserve to ask this because i dont know much about it please dont laugh at this Smile but i can really work hard
its just the guidance i want . Today 1 guy at HF told me to learn c++ for that. so what more you all can suggest ?? please ?

next thing is that iam in 6th semester now and after 6 months iam having my campus and i dont know much about what they really ask ?? our proffessors tell us to to learn c , java or c# and PHP . they say learn these languages if you want to "earn something in your life" and also they have told us to go through all the basics of these languages to get selected at campus and also should have good command in java or c#.

but if you ask me iam really not interested in it . whenever i think of computers i think of my dream. so what you people say ? what should i do ? its just the time which is the problem like i have only a year then i have to do Job any how . so could i do anything like in 1 year . Iam ready to work really hard.
and another problem is that next month i have to submit my minor project and then major project based on any programming language Sad
so please suggest me guys what should i do now ?? Iam really tensed so posted here ,as guidance from you'll would be really helpful to me . understanding my point, about my career and then replying would really be helpful thanks ;)

and I dont think this is the correct thread to ask but sorry i did'nt found any appropriate thread for asking this, so posted here ;)

little bit grammer improved, credits Breshie bro ;)

Hello Prince76,

I'm here to tell you don't worry about it. Not everyone is capable of being the best. I'm willing to bet with some more studying and practice you'll be able to write up your own anti-virus. Learn some more languages, start with the basics ; don't let anyone tell you what you should. Take charge of your life.

If he told you to learn C++, One of the hardest; I know myself since I put 2 weeks up at practice and only learned to code a few programs.

Try something easy like C#, practice that area for a year or so. You'll see the difference when you go onto another C language.
(02-12-2012, 05:34 AM)Secrets Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Prince76,

I'm here to tell you don't worry about it. Not everyone is capable of being the best. I'm willing to bet with some more studying and practice you'll be able to write up your own anti-virus. Learn some more languages, start with the basics ; don't let anyone tell you what you should. Take charge of your life.

If he told you to learn C++, One of the hardest; I know myself since I put 2 weeks up at practice and only learned to code a few programs.

Try something easy like C#, practice that area for a year or so. You'll see the difference when you go onto another C language.

Yeah you are right Its just the practice which makes you perfect. Thank you so much for your comment means alot Smile