Support Forums

Full Version: Should I move on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Long story short, I moved to a new state and started at a new high school. I met this girl, liked her, so we started talking. Things were great, we talked a lot... She would flirt a little with me at school by doing little things like unzipping my bag, kicking it, pushing and shoving me and silly things like that, but after awhile she started acting different... She wouldn't really talk to me and when she did, she never seemed excited or happy like she was before. Because of this, I ended up just coming clean and telling her I liked her and it didn't really play out that well.

We didn't talk for an entire month until last night she sent me a text saying, "Hey... I understand if you don't want to talk to me." I basically told her the reason I haven't made an effort to talk to her in such a long time is because it seemed like she didn't want to talk to me. She then said she thought it would be awkward if we talked and I asked her if she thought it would be awkward because I told her I liked her. Yes was the answer, so I said that if she didn't like me like that, it was fine, I'd be alright, but that didn't mean I didn't want to be friends with her and still talk because she was actually someone I enjoyed talking to. At the end of that text I said but if she didn't want to be friends, then to just tell me so I'd know. Several minutes later I received a text just saying, "Let's be friends." I played it off like I was fine with that but I'm actually really disappointed.

So, after typing this all out, I think it's pretty clear in my mind that there's no use and I should move on, but hey, I'm no expert when it comes to relationships and things, so I'm asking you guys, do you think it's pointless for me to even try to go for her anymore? Should I just be friends with her and move on in hopes of finding someone else I actually like in this freaking messed up state I do not want to call home?

Let me know... Pinch
I think at least being friends with her is a positive thing. Who knows, if you guys got to really know each other maybe it could work out. My advice for the time being is don't forget about her, but don't let her hold you back. There are SO many other girls out there and it would be a shame not to look especially if the girl you like now isn't particularly into you. Just give it some time and see how it all works out. Good luck my friend!
Well if she clearly isn't interested in you then I'm afraid that the best option would be to move on, otherwise even a friendship may seem weird for her. I'm sorry it turned out this way for you but I'm afraid it does sometimes. If you need someone to talk to then just know I'm always here. Smile
My advice, stay friends & make many other friends. That's all you could do Big Grin
I think she is not interested in you so you should just move on being friends with her and enjoy life Smile
If she doesn't want to talk to you then she's probably ditched you for someone else. Find someone else in your life who will make you feel special.
Thanks for the advice guys.

I've taken some time to just think about everything and I do agree, I think it's time to just forget about her completely.

I appreciate all of the comments.
Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration and inspiration.
Well it's a good thing you are still friends. You should move on. In life, the girl you take an interest for doesn't always think the same of you. You never know, one day you might somebody better!
If you have feelings for her and she already told you that it'll be weird, then yes. You should move on.
You can still be friends, but not being in a relationship; although you never know what happens in the future.