Support Forums

Full Version: Something has to be wrong with me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I see no point in life. Nothing makes me happy. Not friends, not anything. Sometimes I even am curious about suicide but I won't ever do it because it will hurt family. I also hate everyone for some reason. I'm always sad. I dislike being alive. I know you guys are going to suggest me to find a hobby but that won't help. I don't want to tell anyone how I feel. It is just useless. There are also some other thoughts with my other threads.

Those are just some thoughts that I have. The weird thing is I have no reason to feel like this. Not a bad experience. Nothing.
Maybe you really are bored & need to go take a vacation???
Useless, maybe puzzles will make you think, thinking is what keeps me going.
Unfortunately if you are not willing to tell anyone how you feel people cannot assist you into trying to get back on the straight and narrow. However i would advise keeping yourself occupied all the time and hobbies and other things will help alot. Also try and be more positive about the situation and tell yourself hobbies are good instead of hobbies are bad and think to yourself about all the positive things in life which you enjoy the most and once u overcome the barrier of negativity you will end up back as your normal self. Hope this helps.
You sound like you are suffering from depression. I think it would be a good idea to talk to a trusted friend or counselor, and your doctor as well. You can get help, you just need to look for it. Since you have already acknowledged that you have a problem, you will be to find a solution. Just look beyond what you see (sorry for the cliche) and reach out to others and ask for their help.
(02-07-2012, 06:25 PM)webdev77 Wrote: [ -> ]You sound like you are suffering from depression. I think it would be a good idea to talk to a trusted friend or counselor, and your doctor as well. You can get help, you just need to look for it. Since you have already acknowledged that you have a problem, you will be to find a solution. Just look beyond what you see (sorry for the cliche) and reach out to others and ask for their help.
If I were to go to a doctor I wouldn't really know what to say because there isn't a reason why I'm like this I think. Then also my parents would tell everyone and school would find out as well and I would get treated differently. I don't want to go through all that.
Maybe talk to your parents about a therapist & start seeing one.
There is always a reason you feel the way you feel. (or lack thereof.) For there to be an effect there has to be a cause. Examine your feelings and thoughts with honesty, try to get to the root of it. And we all have desires and interests, things that speak to us. Is there really absolutely nothing that makes you happy? (whether you currently have it in your life or not, if something (or the thought or idea of something) makes you happy, there's hope.
(02-05-2012, 02:22 PM)skorch Wrote: [ -> ]I see no point in life. Nothing makes me happy. Not friends, not anything. Sometimes I even am curious about suicide but I won't ever do it because it will hurt family. I also hate everyone for some reason. I'm always sad. I dislike being alive. I know you guys are going to suggest me to find a hobby but that won't help. I don't want to tell anyone how I feel. It is just useless. There are also some other thoughts with my other threads.

Those are just some thoughts that I have. The weird thing is I have no reason to feel like this. Not a bad experience. Nothing.

There's always an explination on how someone feels, This sounds like you're bored.
You think life is useless because there is nothing for you to do.

You're wrong, Take a vacation.
Take a few people with you, maybe the ones who you actually care for and/or show a bit of emotion for.
However, don't take those who will end up annoying you. If you feel as to not taking anyone, it might help you.

Meeting new people and doing activities with them can benefit you.
Go out , take a cruise or go to the beach or get out of your current location.

Just don't stay there not doing anything.
Well it seems you don't hate everyone, you just considered your family with in the first couple of sentences. Self diagnoses is never healthy we could all say oh man you may be manic depressant or many different things. Realistically you need to go and see someone who specializes in these things, there may be a simple solution to your emotional state, it could be a small pill each day or some therapy. What ever it is that is making you feel this way, you need to approach someone in the real world and try and live a little. Life is short and a gift, make he most of it.
(02-05-2012, 02:22 PM)skorch Wrote: [ -> ]I see no point in life. Nothing makes me happy. Not friends, not anything. Sometimes I even am curious about suicide but I won't ever do it because it will hurt family. I also hate everyone for some reason. I'm always sad. I dislike being alive. I know you guys are going to suggest me to find a hobby but that won't help. I don't want to tell anyone how I feel. It is just useless. There are also some other thoughts with my other threads.

I think I understand what you are feeling. Sometimes life does seem pointless, sometimes mundane. You know that I posted about how I feel that I am over 40 and will likely not have kids, finally just got married and have no big career. I get to the point where so many people piss me off, particularly when I see those who are complete assholes yet they have a great life. I mean I'm happy for the good people, but you know what I mean. And people can get on my nerves.

Do you think that you might be clinically depressed? Because you can get treated. Hope you don't mind if I suggest exercise, too, it does help clear your mind.

Hang in there.
Pages: 1 2