Support Forums

Full Version: Girlfriend Suicidal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
.. Ok I need help as right now my mind is fudged with not knowing what to do. Im 16 and so is she, she is happy when she is with me and can easily but on a happy face infornt of others.. but she isnt happy. She told me she feels the need to cut herself and this has really made me fudged and not knowing what to do.. Yesterday she told me she doesnt see the point in life and 2 weeks ago she was planning on killing herself. If she did this my life would pretty much end and to be honest I cant imagine how I would feel. She says she doesnt know why she feels this was and she doesnt know how to stop it.. Were not from USA by the way.. I made her promise she wouldnt do that ever and she did promise. But I know there stuff going on in her head and I promised her I would make it better. She has tried talking to her mother a few months ago but she just replied with "Oh your fine" not realising to what extent her daughter was severly fudged. Please can someone help me because its turning everyday to worry.. and even my mother and father have noticed im lacking my good mood and I am quite and sad.. PLEASE HELP! Sad
You can't really fix her man. I'm sorry. I've dealt with girls like this before and it will just bring yourself down....very down. You literally cannot fix her.
(02-05-2012, 08:14 AM)Pierre Lambito Wrote: [ -> ]You can't really fix her man. I'm sorry. I've dealt with girls like this before and it will just bring yourself down....very down. You literally cannot fix her.

Horrible help... I belive everyone can be helped and if your so freakin ignorant that you would just leave a girl like that your a horrible person.
(02-05-2012, 08:21 AM)Suicide Wrote: [ -> ]Horrible help... I belive everyone can be helped and if your so freakin ignorant that you would just leave a girl like that your a horrible person.

I didn't leave the girl I'm referring to. I'd rather let you know now, that she cannot be fixed by you rather than tell you "look man, just beg her to tell you all her secrets until you find out the reason she wants to kill herself. Then she'll hate you and you'll make the situation worse!"

No, don't press on. The girl I am talking about said she'll kill herself if I left her. Of course I stayed with her for another two months before I couldn't take it anymore. I was becoming depressed, and I was not going to let a threat like that bring me down. Guess what, she never killed herself.

This does not apply to you because she is not threatening to kill herself if you leave, but because of something else. It is not your job as a 16 year old to figure that out, or try to fix it. I'm sorry, but it is true.
The best thing you can do if her parents will not listen is maybe you speak to her parents and tell them exactly what the situation is. If this fails then the best thing would to be ring a depression help line of some kind and ask them which direction to take. Also goin to the doctor would be even better as he will put her on tests for depression and anxiety. Personally i would not advise you trying to get her back to normal as you are far too young to try and emotionally stabilize someone and could actually make the situation worse. Hope this helps
Try to talk to her more, not just joke around. Know her more if you can. Ask other people about her. Find a mental therapist.
(02-05-2012, 10:16 AM)ÜB3R Wrote: [ -> ]The best thing you can do if her parents will not listen is maybe you speak to her parents and tell them exactly what the situation is. If this fails then the best thing would to be ring a depression help line of some kind and ask them which direction to take. Also goin to the doctor would be even better as he will put her on tests for depression and anxiety. Personally i would not advise you trying to get her back to normal as you are far too young to try and emotionally stabilize someone and could actually make the situation worse. Hope this helps

I was thinking of ringing her mother.. Saying she is in a really fudged up place and just to ask her if she is ok and to try and talk.
Thanks for help <3
Girlfriend gets pretty depressed herself, i deal with it by being as sweet as i can, all the time...hope this helps :/
(02-05-2012, 01:01 PM)Denny Crane Wrote: [ -> ]Girlfriend gets pretty depressed herself, i deal with it by being as sweet as i can, all the time...hope this helps :/
Im with you on this one.. I make sure to tell her I love her everyday. and mean it! Smile

(02-05-2012, 08:26 AM)Pierre Lambito Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't leave the girl I'm referring to. I'd rather let you know now, that she cannot be fixed by you rather than tell you "look man, just beg her to tell you all her secrets until you find out the reason she wants to kill herself. Then she'll hate you and you'll make the situation worse!"

No, don't press on. The girl I am talking about said she'll kill herself if I left her. Of course I stayed with her for another two months before I couldn't take it anymore. I was becoming depressed, and I was not going to let a threat like that bring me down. Guess what, she never killed herself.

This does not apply to you because she is not threatening to kill herself if you leave, but because of something else. It is not your job as a 16 year old to figure that out, or try to fix it. I'm sorry, but it is true.
She's not suicidal because of him leaving, she's suicidal because she's depressed.

Really, all advice has been given.
Mine, confront her with what makes her happy in life, maybe then you could get somewhere with her Big Grin