Support Forums

Full Version: How to fix an unreadable disc [Xbox 360]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As many of you know, some of the disks do not work very well, and tend to go unreadable. I will be sharing some tips to help stop this issue.

Method 1
This is easily the most common, and well known way to get the best out of your game. What you should do, is go to the Xbox 360 dashboard.

Insert the game into your Xbox 360 and then go to game library when it loads. After this, press A on the game and choose the "Install" option. This should take a few minutes so be patient. When this is done, the game may or may not be more recognizable to your console.

Method 2
Not many people know about this one. If you are using a USB device on your console such as a flash drive, power-off your console then remove it. These can sometimes affect your Xbox 360 in a negative way.

The same should be done with the HDD. Power off your console, remove it, then see if the game is easier to load. Afterwards you can put it back in if you need it for the game.

Method 3
Power-cycle your console.

For those of you who do not know how to do this, simply unplug all cables from your Xbox 360 and the wall. Wait somewhere around a minute or so and plug everything back in. Your console has now been power-cycled.

Method 4

Clear your system cache.

This is done simply by going to the Xbox dashboard, going to memory, device options, and clearing the system cache. This will delete any updates you have so be prepared to download them again.

These methods helped me and I hope they help some of you guys too!

*Written by me.
Methord 5.
Change the text color so people dont kill there eyes reading that.
But thanks for the good tips.
(02-04-2012, 07:25 PM)Denny Crane Wrote: [ -> ]Methord 5.
Change the text color so people dont kill there eyes reading that.
But thanks for the good tips.

I set it to white instead of blue, hopefully that's better.
Thanks for the share man, this could be very useful to some people.
These are some great tips. If these don't work, your consoles disc drive has almost certainly died and you'll either have to flash like for like to replace it or buy yourself a new console.
I have 5 old xbox's. All of them don't read disk's anymore.

New one is still going strong though.
(02-10-2012, 02:22 PM)☆ Norris ☆ Wrote: [ -> ]I have 5 old xbox's. All of them don't read disk's anymore.

New one is still going strong though.

You could buy 5 like-for-like disc drives and flash them across. Drives are only around $15 now, you could sell the Xbox's off as either refurbished or flash LiteTouch firmware onto the drives and sell them as flashed consoles.

I hope this helps.
My XBox has just decided to kill itself. I've put in two games and it makes a horrible sound then the games come out with circular scratches (Most likely to do with the laser reader) and so I've just ruined Fifa 12 and 11.
Nice methods Big Grin I am going to use these the next time this happens!
(02-10-2012, 05:34 PM)Load Wrote: [ -> ]You could buy 5 like-for-like disc drives and flash them across. Drives are only around $15 now, you could sell the Xbox's off as either refurbished or flash LiteTouch firmware onto the drives and sell them as flashed consoles.

I hope this helps.

Yes. Thanks.

I have had a quote for new drive and "stealth mod" (he claims being able to play online with copied games, but i'm skeptical) for £50(~$80).

I just bought a new one out of my PP instead. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4