Support Forums

Full Version: What software?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello guys,
I want to learn Java.. So what software should I use to code in java?
I use Code::Blocks for C++ .. So what should I use for Java ...
Also I know this is not in the right section but what software for PHP should i use??

And I would appreciate if any one could show me a site where I can learn and Java and PHP respectively Smile)

Thanks
Use the Eclipse IDE for Java and Notepad++ for PHP. I've just released a new forum on Java development, check it out. http://javadevelopmentforums.com/
I used NetBeans for Java personally, it was pretty decent. Built in designer to help you out with forms as well.
I use Eclipse personally, and I love it. It is pretty lightweight for the most part, and easy to use. As for a WebDev text editor I use Sublime 2. It has an amazing UI, lots of Syntax highlighting, and it is essentially free.
(01-30-2012, 03:15 PM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]I use Eclipse personally, and I love it. It is pretty lightweight for the most part, and easy to use. As for a WebDev text editor I use Sublime 2. It has an amazing UI, lots of Syntax highlighting, and it is essentially free.

I have a paid license for it though Yeye
(01-30-2012, 07:11 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]I have a paid license for it though Yeye

For Sublime? Or Netbeans?
(01-31-2012, 10:15 PM)RDCA Wrote: [ -> ]For Sublime? Or Netbeans?

Paid license for Sublime Smile
(02-01-2012, 02:57 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]Paid license for Sublime Smile

Nice, if I had the money I would buy it. I think it keeps the author putting out updates when people actually do buy the stuff.
I've got lots of the best plugins for it too, but it goes to show a good demonstration of how nice of an app python can create.
See. If you are just starting with Java, you can use BlueJ. Once you start feeling that you have got in hang of Java then you could go for Netbeans and what not.

For me simple Notepad/gEdit and a prompt/terminal is good. Smile
Pages: 1 2