Support Forums

Full Version: Anger management, how to stay calm!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to have anger management issues, here are some tips I followed to try and keep calm.

Think of the outcome
when your starting to get angry, think of the future. What's going to happen if you get angry and what are the consiquences of your rage.

Chill out often
If you are always busy, try and get any time you can to relax and chill out. Listen to calm music, read books, do something that doesn't require much thinking and effort.

Try not to have caffinated drinks
Caffinated drinks like coffee and energy drinks will make you get agitated easily if you have to much energy and you have no way to burn it off.

Don't expect everything to go your way
Don't always expect everything to be good, accept the fact that bad things are going to happen and you have to get on with it without loosing your temper.

Don't bottle up your rage
Don't bottle up your rage and feelings, let your anger out by shouting into pillows/punching pillows and other soft items. A stressball may help. I find that a small Newtons Cradle always helps me calm down. My mental health doctor had one and she would let it tic away whilst I was talking to her and letting out all my feelings. Make sure you talk to someone close to you at the end of every day about how your day was.

Find an outlet
Find a fun way to express your feelings or anger, maybe try rapping or poetry. Or write all your feelings on a paper and rip it up I liked to write down my troubles on a peice of paper rip them up and drop them out of my 3rd storey window and watch them float away whilst listening to calm chilled dubstep, it always made me calm and happy.

These things all helped me and now I am fine, I no longer have anger management issues as bad as they once were. Sure I still get really angry but I learn to express it in a different way other than shouting and violence.
I use to have anger issues, and if I were still in that position, this thread would have probably helped me.

That being said, what actually helped me? This one single quote. It didn't sell me completely but I give all credit to it.

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
Unfortunately, I get angry, fast. Some of your methods do not work for me, such as "Think of the outcome". It's like a high, you cannot think of the outcome when really angry. That's why many murders occur, people are too blinded with angry, to stop and think. I pray to god, that I never do something of that sorts.

Nice thread, though.
Thank you very much, this could be very handy for my friend, who really has this problem =P.
But like Cronus- said, thinking when you're angry isn't easy ..
Thanks for the tips. I'm a anger guy.
(01-13-2012, 10:05 AM)Cronus- Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, I get angry, fast. Some of your methods do not work for me, such as "Think of the outcome". It's like a high, you cannot think of the outcome when really angry. That's why many murders occur, people are too blinded with angry, to stop and think. I pray to god, that I never do something of that sorts.

Nice thread, though.
This.

When I get angry, it is like I just lose it. As if any restraint I had just flies out the window and the anger just takes over. When you're truly angry you don't think of what might happen to you. I say and do some pretty nasty things.

I think I might be describing rage more than anything.

These tips help if I get annoyed with something.

Ive had anger management classes i know how it feel's in the inside and the outside i just think about me coming home and doing my stuff so i don't get angry,How i prevent Anger? You need to be in peace with your body so you can stay calm and just think what your coming home to E.g Xbox,Pc,Tv,Food etc etc normal life style that's what keep's me going everyday i would siggest meditate and do yoga.
when i get angry i just walk away and have alone time for about 2 minutes then im good
(01-17-2012, 09:22 AM)Virus. Wrote: [ -> ]when i get angry i just walk away and have alone time for about 2 minutes then im good
Then in that case you don't have anger management issues, which is what this thread is for. By posting you have basically just spammed, you have not made any sort of contribution towards to thread by giving out tips on anger management issues or anything for that matter. Nonetheless thanks for your useless post.