Support Forums

Full Version: Finding yourself depressed? Here's 10 top tips to stay happy!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I often find myself getting depressed for no reason, I have a great life great friends, great family and amazing girlfriend. Below are some of the things I do to chear me up.

Listen to music
Try listening to music that makes you happy, pump it up loud and even dance if you feel like it!

Play a game
Try playing a fun game like charades or puzzles with friends or family, if you have no friends make some!

Make new friends
If your in school start talking to new people, it's easy to make friends and you will start to get along with them. Who knows you may build a strong friendship. If your not in school, talk to people you work with or go to collage with. If you don't work/collage and have left school try getting a job!

Find a hobby
This is a good one to do by yourself, find something you enjoy doing. Crafts/Drawing/ICT anything constructive really, even collecting things. It is good fun and helps you feel a good sense of accomplishment.

Eat healthy!
Don't eat to much junk, eat salads and fresh fruits and vegitables these are happy foods, they are healthy for you and doing good for yourself makes you feel good about yourself.

Drink Coffee or Caffinated drinks
This is a personal favourite, it always helps me. Sometimes makes me hyper, but hey whats wrong with being hyper! If your hyper your happy, this one mixes well with the loud music tip. Don't drink to much though, you could end up ill or with an addiction!

Don't think about the past or future
Don't think about the past or future! Live your life in the present and live it to the full, do what you want! You only live once, but be careful.

Watch a funny movie
I often find watching funny movies or cartoons helps, if it makes you laugh its good! Try and stay away from Drama Movies/Horrors.

Go for a run
Running is healthy for you and makes you feel great, if your feeling depressed force yourself to go for a run. You wont feel like it but after you have done it you will feel better.

Find some jokes
If you have internet access, search google for some funny pictures/videos/jokes and have yourself a laugh.

Hope I helped!
Be Happy! : )
Do you write all or? Just copy and paste?

Nice tips btw.
You can't just not think about the past or future. Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia.

Good thread, regardless. Keep it up. Thumbsup
(01-13-2012, 10:20 AM)Techie. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you write all or? Just copy and paste?

Nice tips btw.

I wrote it all myself off the top of my head! Smile
Music? Really? It makes me feel even more depressed when I listen to music. Other than that, I think they could work.
Some good tips here, i use some of these to cheer myself up when im depressed (:
When i'm depressed, I listen to music. Thanks for your tips, I hope they will help me in future.
This is a great thread! Often when I am not feeling too well, I do some of these things! (Listen to music, Go running, etc...)

I think one of the worst things you can do is go straight to xbox, while I love playing it, I think it is often a way for people to avoid working out, getting social, putting work off, etc... Which will make you stress when the time comes to do these things.
(01-14-2012, 07:00 AM)Cronus- Wrote: [ -> ]Music? Really? It makes me feel even more depressed when I listen to music. Other than that, I think they could work.

What kind of music do you listen to lol
(01-14-2012, 09:40 AM)Firetech Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of music do you listen to lol

Old school rap. Tongue

What depresses me is that the new music sucks, and the old music is over. I'd kill to be able to live the 90s instead of the 2000s.
Pages: 1 2