Support Forums

Full Version: I never have anything to talk about.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I never have anything to talk about. I have a hard time thinking of what to talk about to anyone. Even my close friends.

I don't think I relate with a lot of people

I'm the same way. It doesn't mean you're an idiot, you just don't talk much.

Edit: I just realized. I used to talk a lot, but I stopped reading so much, and now I don't have anything to say about anything. Could have something to do with that.
Just because you are a cool guy or you have a geek attitude.
It might be because of limited life experiences.
Everybody goes through this once in awhile. Nothing to stress about. Seriously.
My general social strategy is to listen quietly. There's really nothing wrong with it.
I Have the same 'problem'. It seems that all my friends has some interesting things to talk about, except me.
That's why I always talk nonsense. My friends know this. When we have nothing to say, I start talking about unicorns and the difference between pancakes and waffles.

I Wished I had something serious to talk about with my friends Sad. I Read A LOT (Just fiction books), so I can talk about that (I Guess?), but most of my friends don't read, so they don't talk about that =P.

Don't force yourself to talk crap that you don't like. Just talk about crap that you like. If you like smurfs, tell your friends, they will give their opinion and off you go.
(01-11-2012, 04:07 AM)Shattering - Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I always talk nonsense. My friends know this. When we have nothing to say, I start talking about unicorns and the difference between pancakes and waffles.

I do that when I get drunk. I start talking about stupid crap like 16th century Japan, and everyone else is like... That's not what you talk about.
It doesn't seem like anyone says anything important anyways. I noticed that everyone thrives off of that. People build relationships out it.
(01-09-2012, 05:41 PM)SoulCake. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm the same way. It doesn't mean you're an idiot, you just don't talk much.

Edit: I just realized. I used to talk a lot, but I stopped reading so much, and now I don't have anything to say about anything. Could have something to do with that.
This would make sense, reading is really healthy for you it gives you a sense of character and if you have never read in your life then you are going to be a totally different person to someone who has read all their life, and I don't mean reading e-books and tutorials, I mean reading a proper good paperback novel with many characters. Give it a try.
Pages: 1 2 3