Support Forums

Full Version: I hate myself with a burning passion.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've always hated everything about me ever since I can remember.

I hate how I look.
I hate how ridiculously stupid I am.
I hate that I make horrible decisions.
I hate that I'm such a loser.

There is nothing I can find good about me.

That is all I can think of at the moment. Will update thread if I think of anything else.

I know you guys are going to post "everyone goes through this".

I don't really need support, just wanted to post this.
You've got decent grammar. Smile

Can I assume you're a teen? Because that type of self-loathing is often a part of puberty.
(01-09-2012, 05:34 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]You've got decent grammar. Smile

Can I assume you're a teen? Because that type of self-loathing is often a part of puberty.
Yes I'm a teen.

I've been in this phase since before I was a teen and I don't think there is anything to change my opinion on myself, it is quite unfortunate that I think this way but I can't help it.
First of all, congratulations on being open to seeking help. Time heals all wounds, which is a cool thing because it means it happens automatically. No work, yay!
Fortunately, teenage feelings change over time. It's part of all the genuine angst of getting to know yourself while growing up.
I am willing to bet a million dollars that if I met you, I'd find you to be a wonderful person. I am sure there are lots of people who genuinely and honestly think so.
The problem is that you don't.
Everything is about give and take. Physical needs, emotional needs, these needs are being fulfilled somewhere. These needs always exist. So whether your friends are doing it, or your family, or your significant other. You fulfill their emotional needs, and they fulfill yours. Something went wrong somewhere and you're not getting what you need. Figure out what it is you need, and then you'll be able to help yourself.
You might find that I am a good person and have a good heart. That is it.

And I don't need anything.
Take up a hobby that you enjoy. Do it a lot. A lot. Something not many people can do. A sport, coding, drawing, etc. Think hard for something. It'll occupy your time, make you feel great, and you'll have a badass talent others don't (and this talent may be able to make you money).

Good luck man, you're worth something.
(01-10-2012, 10:45 AM)skorch Wrote: [ -> ]You might find that I am a good person and have a good heart. That is it.

And I don't need anything.

Everyone needs something. You need to find your own.
I'm 20 and I Still hate a lot about me, also my looks.
But their is nothing you can do about it.

Until last month I never had a 'serious' Girlfriend in my life, because of my looks, I thought. But last month I met this perfect girl and I'm freakin happy now.

Don't give up, don't think about your negative points.
Just enjoy your live, it will all come well.
All right. There's this thing call Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Basically, this guy Abraham Maslow became famous for his theory that certain needs need to be met before you can even have other kinds of needs. It looks like this:

Once your basic physiological needs are fulfilled, you move up to the next set of needs, security, and continue that way, but the important thing is that, according to Maslow, until your physiological needs are satisfied, you can't even worry about security or social needs, let alone self-actualization. According to Maslow, you are stuck on the third level of the pyramid. You don't feel loved and respected, therefore you can't reach for the fourth level, which is loving and respecting yourself.

I too had and some times having the same experience! However i found that it is because of lazy!
Any one can build them self good. If not good and thinking like you and me means we did not take any effort. We think that if we try any thing effort to us for example make up or something else we things nothing gonna happen. That is wrong we should take effort! Mean you should take effort to get knowledge, you should care yourself, then it will automatically gone.
Pages: 1 2 3