Support Forums

Full Version: I want what I can't have
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With girls, I really fall in love with the girls I know I can't get. I get close to them but for whatever reasons I know I cannot have them. Is there any way I can stop this or an explanation as to why it is happening?
By reading your other thread, it's obvious that it's not the feeling of love your after in my opinion. But it's harder for the younger audience, which is what I will say. If you're not happy with the girl your with, then maybe it's not working so well with the both of you. Before just doing that, make sure that is the reason why you're breaking up or you no longer want to be with her before you just decide it because you want to try another girl though.
(01-09-2012, 05:55 AM)TalishHF Wrote: [ -> ]With girls, I really fall in love with the girls I know I can't get. I get close to them but for whatever reasons I know I cannot have them. Is there any way I can stop this or an explanation as to why it is happening?

I'm sorry if this sounds rude, although, how can you "fall in love" with anyone you don't know? It could be "lust", but love?

If it's looks-based, it's probably just "lust".

There's no official "definition" of "love" and it can be different, but in a nutshell, it's an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment.

"Personal" means there's personality included.

Also, stay positive. You can be anything you want to be and you can have anyone you want.
(01-09-2012, 08:40 AM)tomynho Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry if this sounds rude, although, how can you "fall in love" with anyone you don't know? It could be "lust", but love?

If it's looks-based, it's probably just "lust".

There's no official "definition" of "love" and it can be different, but in a nutshell, it's an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment.

"Personal" means there's personality included.

Also, stay positive. You can be anything you want to be and you can have anyone you want.
Yeah it's lust but it still makes me feel amazing, and it's not looks based all the girls I feel this way about I have been close to as in friends.
I'm confused. Your first post didn't sound like it, but everyone's talking about love at first sight?
Love at first sight does not exist. It does not exist, it does not exist, it does not exist.
If Lindsay Lohan came up to me and said "hey SoulCake, the limit does not exist," I would say, "you're right, Lindsay Lohan, the limit does not exist, and neither does love at first sight. Or your career."

If you would like to argue with me that love at first sight does exist, I would say that your definition of love is perhaps a little bit shallow. I think that the emotions, experiences, and the amount that you should know about a person should be a whole lot deeper than just first sight in order for you to fall in love.

Jumping from relationship to relationship is not healthy, and you could very quickly become the "rebound guy."

So my advice to you is to be careful, and re-analyze your feelings. Make sure there's really something there before getting into that situation. It really just sounds like infatuation to me, which will pass.
(01-09-2012, 09:37 AM)SoulCake Wrote: [ -> ]I'm confused. Your first post didn't sound like it, but everyone's talking about love at first sight?
Love at first sight does not exist. It does not exist, it does not exist, it does not exist.
If Lindsay Lohan came up to me and said "hey SoulCake, the limit does not exist," I would say, "you're right, Lindsay Lohan, the limit does not exist, and neither does love at first sight. Or your career."

If you would like to argue with me that love at first sight does exist, I would say that your definition of love is perhaps a little bit shallow. I think that the emotions, experiences, and the amount that you should know about a person should be a whole lot deeper than just first sight in order for you to fall in love.

Jumping from relationship to relationship is not healthy, and you could very quickly become the "rebound guy."

So my advice to you is to be careful, and re-analyze your feelings. Make sure there's really something there before getting into that situation. It really just sounds like infatuation to me, which will pass.
Thank you! This realy made me think, god I love SF you wouldn't get this kind of reply on HF!
(01-09-2012, 09:41 AM)TalishHF Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you! This realy made me think, god I love SF you wouldn't get this kind of reply on HF!

Glad I could help. Blackhat PM me if you need anything.
Skimmed through the replies and didn't see anyone mention the one thought I had...

Why can't you have these certain women? You obviously don't "love" each and everyone of them, you're lusting after them.. But! That doesn't mean you can't have them as a friend and or more. I think this subject is very complicated and I can't think of any one thing I can say to help you out.. All I can think to say, it'll get better.. You'll live and learn, etc.

For starters, don't assume you can't have any one girl.. It's kinda old school and corny sounding but the best looking girls are usually the ones who "scare" guys away.. So, they might just like the fact you've got the balls to step up and talk to them.