Support Forums

Full Version: Seafoam Intervals?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On a V6, how many miles should be between each time I Seafoam my car.

P.S. If you don't know what Seafoam is look it up, it's a great product.
Why do you use it? Are you having a problem with your car?

You should read the car's manual to see what it may say, and then read the instructions on the can.

I use one bottle of additive around November to prevent problems if it gets cold early, although I have never had a problem that could have been eliminated or reduced by any additive I know of. I have no idea if it does any good, but it doesn't hurt it.

That being said, I've heard of people using it anywhere from once a year to once an oil change.
Well first of all the throttle response could be much better. Besides it isn't one of those gimmicky additives you may have heard of. I've read into it pretty well.
(01-08-2012, 02:43 PM)๖ۣۜNitrous Wrote: [ -> ]Well first of all the throttle response could be much better. Besides it isn't one of those gimmicky additives you may have heard of. I've read into it pretty well.

You may just need to clean the throttle body and IAC valve.

By V6, do you mean Camaro or Mustang?
(01-13-2012, 03:01 PM)SoulCake. Wrote: [ -> ]You may just need to clean the throttle body and IAC valve.

By V6, do you mean Camaro or Mustang?

By V6 he means 6 cylinder engine lol

never used seafoam before
(01-13-2012, 04:42 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]By V6 he means 6 cylinder engine lol

never used seafoam before
Oh, that makes more sense. I have the dumb.

I've used similar products. Doesn't make a huge difference.
Well I honestly think seafoam is on your personal preference. I think its very affective, it cleans out your engine very well. If you want to keep it really clean maybe every 25 Miles ? If not I would say to do it about every 75 Miles to 100.