Support Forums

Full Version: Parrots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't you love parrots? They're really fascinating. It makes you think, can parrots understand what you're saying? Do they know what they're repeating? My aunt has a parrot, and every-time I go to her house, it calls my name.

When I get a family, a parrot would be my first choice of a pet.
They have been known to talk back, they don't just repeat things like in the movies, but not all parrots talk which is where the generalization of you implying that "parrots" talk is misleading, but they are interesting.
Hehe. Yeah, I don't have that much knowledge on parrots. I've seen about four parrots in my lifetime, and they all spoke.
(01-03-2012, 04:07 AM)Cronus- Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe. Yeah, I don't have that much knowledge on parrots. I've seen about four parrots in my lifetime, and they all spoke.

I've only seen about 2 other than what i've seen on TV and documentaries for National Geographics, but they were both the same kind of parrot. So i'm not too knowledgable about them. Personally i'd still rather have a dog though for a pet or something like that. Much more friendly and sociable for humans.
(01-03-2012, 04:31 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]I've only seen about 2 other than what i've seen on TV and documentaries for National Geographics, but they were both the same kind of parrot. So i'm not too knowledgable about them. Personally i'd still rather have a dog though for a pet or something like that. Much more friendly and sociable for humans.
I love dogs aswell, but parrots fascinate me the most. Well, because they speak. :p
I like parrots personally but damn they are expensive. I would have one if I had the money though due to the comic things I would try and teach it lol.
I believe a lot of animals have 'feelings' and 'memory', but I don't feel they're intelligent, I guess.
Parrots are sick though, my friend used to have one until he moved away, :'(.