Support Forums

Full Version: Torrents Downloading Extremely Slow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm a frequent torrent download for music and films, and just lately the download speed has been extremely slow, with a download speed of just 10.0kbs, but if I was to go to my grandmothers/friends house it would download at around 500-800kbs.

Does anyone know why it's being so slow?

Is this your own internet? Or are you using some random wireless signal you catch? I'm assuming since you said you frequently download torrents, you know about peers and seeds.

If it's your own internet, your ISP can limit your d/l rate if they suspect suspicious activity. Not sure where you live though, and the laws where you live.. So this may or may not be the case.
Yes It's my own internet. I don't know that much about seeds and peers actually. My ISP has no limitations as far as I know. I'm from the UK.
Is it possible that your ISP would have throttled you back as a result of using your allocated bandwidth? Is this just for torrents, or are you experiencing slow browsing in general?
i would recommend you to use one click file host sites to download, where you can get minimum of 2mb/s .
(01-01-2012, 03:53 PM)King Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible that your ISP would have throttled you back as a result of using your allocated bandwidth? Is this just for torrents, or are you experiencing slow browsing in general?

I don't have an allocated bandwidth, it's unlimited. Also it's only with torrents.
(01-01-2012, 04:03 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have an allocated bandwidth, it's unlimited. Also it's only with torrents.

What software are you using? uTorrent, BitTorrent, etc?
He is using Utorrent as pic shows King.
As for seeds you need to share something back to get better download speeds.
If you only have on your list one file you are downloading they will slow you i believe.
Has the issue been that the download is slow at your place and then at someone else's place, the exact same download has been fast? If we're dealing with several files here, it could just be a seeds/peers issue.
If the leechersConfusedeeds ratio is higher on the leechers end then your downloads will always be slow. I can't see the count in there but you can add it as a viewed column along with the rest of the columns in the listview for that program.
Pages: 1 2 3 4