Support Forums

Full Version: A Few Ideas Regarding The Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think there should be a few additions to the rules, just to clear a few things up. As we always know, on every forum there's those 'rules that aren't rules' (Rules that people apply but aren't officially on the list) so I thought they should be added in.

1) No HF discussion. I understand that this site is ran by the same person as HF, but that doesn't mean it should be discussed in every post, I don't think it should be mentioned here, only when it's regarding the feather.

2) Remove the 9th rule, it can't be abused any more as you can only give positive reputations, and if members try to give rep they get the message that it requires 100 posts anyhow.

3) Rule #14 is a bit harsh, I understand what you're trying to get across, as it's all about the quality. But I know people, I even have friends who have bad grammar, and it's not their fault. People with Dyslexia can't really help how they type, and people can feel discouraged with such a rule. Maybe re-word it a bit better?

4) Gravedigging - I think there should be a rule against Gravedigging , I know you've mentioned in other posts that you've (@Omni) never really had a rule against it but I think there should be. It's quite annoying for members to see posts in threads that are like 2 years old.
Im with you BreShiE on all points.
As for the Gravedigging doesnt Omni have a mod he made himself to atleast warn people when there digging up old crap?
(01-01-2012, 12:59 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Im with you BreShiE on all points.
As for the Gravedigging doesnt Omni have a mod he made himself to atleast warn people when there digging up old crap?

It's not a rule, so Sam can't act upon it. That's why I mentioned it on this post.
No what i mean is the mod itsself puts up a little message if the thread is over x days old. (like a notification)
Stating something like..... "digging up old threads can result in a warn" or something to that effect.
(01-01-2012, 01:02 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]No what i mean is the mod itsself puts up a little message if the thread is over x days old. (like a notification)
Stating something like..... "digging up old threads can result in a warn" or something to that effect.

Oh yeah I see what you mean. I believe that would require a plugin being code though. But that's no problem for Omni I shouldn't think, haha.
(01-01-2012, 01:07 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah I see what you mean. I believe that would require a plugin being code though. But that's no problem for Omni I shouldn't think, haha.

I know he made a plugin for mybb for exactly this some years ago. Might not have been updated or something but when i ran mybb he had mods to handle that.
BreSHie Wrote:2) Remove the 9th rule, it can't be abused any more as you can only give positive reputations, and if members try to give rep they get the message that it requires 100 posts anyhow.

That's where you're a bit misled. It can still be abused. He doesn't want 100 people giving someone +1 just because they feel like it. If there was no way to abuse it, then that would be fine but +rep can be abused, trust me.

For example: Rep for rep private services running in the background between friended members here? Or friended members on HF that come here.

I've seen members with rep here that only had 10 posts. and the comment to them was things like "HF bro"
(01-01-2012, 02:04 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: [ -> ]That's where you're a bit misled. It can still be abused. He doesn't want 100 people giving someone +1 just because they feel like it. If there was no way to abuse it, then that would be fine but +rep can be abused, trust me.

For example: Rep for rep private services running in the background between friended members here? Or friended members on HF that come here.

I've seen members with rep here that only had 10 posts. and the comment to them was things like "HF bro"

It's been mentioned on previous posts that Omni doesn't care about friends repping members here. I agree it can still be abused, but it's not that important on here, unlike the other said site.
(01-01-2012, 02:08 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]It's been mentioned on previous posts that Omni doesn't care about friends repping members here. I agree it can still be abused, but it's not that important on here, unlike the other said site.

Opinions must have changed on that then, because I remember explicitly seeing somewhere that abuse can happen regardless of positive or negative rep. If that was the case here I could have 10000 rep and I personally would care less about it. That's not good.
I remember the threads back in the early days about exactly this.
The - rep got removed and it was left at that.
I have never noticed anyone here really care about reps. I have never been asked to rep for rep.
I just dont think it matters at all here. Hell it could go all together for all i care.
Pages: 1 2 3