Support Forums

Full Version: Thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!,

I being a web designer thought it was time to refresh my 'studio'. My new idea is called WebOutfit. The whole idea behind it is:
  • Shirts - Themes, templates, skins, etc.
  • Pants - Scripts, plugins, etc.
  • Socks - PSD's and XCF's. You know the small stuff.

The domain I purchased is "weboutf.it". Personally I think it's an awesome domain. I already have the design about 60-70% complete and it's looking great. What do you think about my purchase? Incase you we're wondering I paid about $40 at GoDaddy. It was so much because I also had to buy a domain trustee 'license' because it is an italian domain. Thanks to anyone who responds Smile.
I don't mind the domain. I like the idea in general. I think it has potential. Did you think of ever purchasing a .pro domain? Still quite a few excellent, original domains available.

I'd like to see where weboutf.it goes, I'll definitely be tracking your progress.
I've seen your work loads of times Jason, and you surprise me everytime. When I saw your Xbox 360 theme it amazed me and I copied the idea and got my my own similar one haha.

On topic though it's quite a good idea, categorizing parts of web development is quite unique, I've never seen/heard about this before.
(12-31-2011, 06:54 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen your work loads of times Jason, and you surprise me everytime. When I saw your Xbox 360 theme it amazed me and I copied the idea and got my my own similar one haha.

On topic though it's quite a good idea, categorizing parts of web development is quite unique, I've never seen/heard about this before.

Thank you. Is the Xbox 360 theme you are talking about ModdingBay skin?
(12-31-2011, 08:38 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. Is the Xbox 360 theme you are talking about ModdingBay skin?

Yes, yes it is. Big Grin
I'm loving that domain man, nice choice. I also love the idea. I'll make sure to check the site out when it's complete.
(12-31-2011, 08:50 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, yes it is. Big Grin

Ahh, thanks dude! Big Grin

(12-31-2011, 08:55 PM).Legacy. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm loving that domain man, nice choice. I also love the idea. I'll make sure to check the site out when it's complete.

Thanks!
Well being a .it domain you limit your market considerably i think.
Although it is your location i imagine you are selling to the world not just Italy?
A .com, .net type domain would be far more appropriate IMHO.

Honestly i am a little hesitant to go to any domain that is not .com .net .org or the like.
Urls that dont look pleasing to the eye for me i generally avoid also.
Certainly questionable or more accurately rarely visited extensions i really tend to avoid and can only assume i am not alone in this?
Sorry to be the one poster here who does not like your domain name but just being honest is all.
(12-31-2011, 10:50 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Well being a .it domain you limit your market considerably i think.
Although it is your location i imagine you are selling to the world not just Italy?
A .com, .net type domain would be far more appropriate IMHO.

Honestly i am a little hesitant to go to any domain that is not .com .net .org or the like.
Urls that dont look pleasing to the eye for me i generally avoid also.
Certainly questionable or more accurately rarely visited extensions i really tend to avoid and can only assume i am not alone in this?
Sorry to be the one poster here who does not like your domain name but just being honest is all.

Ah, I do not live in Italy. I currently reside in New Jersey (USA). Domains are no longer all about location now, web 2.0 domains are said to be domains such as the one I purchased. More examples are available at the great Domai.nr. That just may be the best tool on the net.
If I was personally to buy a .it domain name, it would be for the purpose of Information Technology.