Support Forums

Full Version: What Shall I Buy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I've just recently sold XBLForums.net so I need a new project to work on. I was thinking about opening a support site with a ticket system instead of a forum but I don't know.

Throw some ideas out guys, I'm also looking for a domain which uses the extension. For example help.me (already taken).

It can be anything, called anything for anything, I just need a new project to work on.
(12-29-2011, 11:24 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]So I've just recently sold XBLForums.net so I need a new project to work on. I was thinking about opening a support site with a ticket system instead of a forum but I don't know.

Throw some ideas out guys, I'm also looking for a domain which uses the extension. For example help.me (already taken).

It can be anything, called anything for anything, I just need a new project to work on.

If you're interested in making a little off your domains in the future, get into the .pro domains. There's a lot of ridiculously original ones still left (for example, I'm looking to purchase jump.pro for my vertical jump blog). They are expensive though.

I've been thinking about a support site also and I've also had thoughts of a ticket system. The problem with a ticket system alone is that there's no real way to interact with your community. Let me know if you are interested in building a technical support forum, I'd love to help out.
(12-29-2011, 11:28 PM)King Wrote: [ -> ]If you're interested in making a little off your domains in the future, get into the .pro domains. There's a lot of ridiculously original ones still left (for example, I'm looking to purchase jump.pro for my vertical jump blog). They are expensive though.

I've been thinking about a support site also and I've also had thoughts of a ticket system. The problem with a ticket system alone is that there's no real way to interact with your community. Let me know if you are interested in building a technical support forum, I'd love to help out.

A .pro does sound good but they're way too overpriced for my price range, I've only got £11 left after today, I had to buy lots of stuff. Well technically I've got £22 but only £11 in PP.

I would be quite interested in starting a project with you, do you have any way for me to contact you outside this forum?
(12-29-2011, 11:39 PM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]A .pro does sound good but they're way too overpriced for my price range, I've only got £11 left after today, I had to buy lots of stuff. Well technically I've got £22 but only £11 in PP.

I would be quite interested in starting a project with you, do you have any way for me to contact you outside this forum?

MSN has been bullshitting me for months now, so I'm no longer on IM. Well, I can't be assed to start up Skype. But, you can always e-mail me at Elevate@Myself.com. Smile

I look forward to hearing from you.
(12-30-2011, 12:19 AM)King Wrote: [ -> ]MSN has been bullshitting me for months now, so I'm no longer on IM. Well, I can't be assed to start up Skype. But, you can always e-mail me at Elevate@Myself.com. Smile

I look forward to hearing from you.

I hate emailing, I'll just PM you haha.
(12-30-2011, 12:26 AM)BreShiE Wrote: [ -> ]I hate emailing, I'll just PM you haha.

Ready and waiting. Thumbsup
Honestly mate.
If your the admin and creator and you cant come up with an idea then more than likely it will not succeed.
Generally speaking it takes those who are dedicated to a specific topic that succeed. Not always i know but..
If you have no idea then honestly i would say save your money.
Sorry to be the negative one but im just tellin ya what i think.
I think when it comes to forums then Damink is right. It's always best to know exactly what you want to do, and to put 150% into making it succeed, which won't be the case if you're not entirely familiar with the genre.
However I think with some sites such as image hosts, url shorteners, etc... Then you could probably just dive straight into it. Although obviously you'd need some decent coding knowledge behind you.

Pick a niche before picking a domain.
(12-30-2011, 05:29 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly mate.
If your the admin and creator and you cant come up with an idea then more than likely it will not succeed.
Generally speaking it takes those who are dedicated to a specific topic that succeed. Not always i know but..
If you have no idea then honestly i would say save your money.
Sorry to be the negative one but im just tellin ya what i think.

I was just taking in suggestions, but as I didn't get me I do have my own idea which I'm going ahead with. It should be extremely profitable with ads in the future too, I'll let the forum know once it's up.

(12-30-2011, 06:42 AM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]I think when it comes to forums then Damink is right. It's always best to know exactly what you want to do, and to put 150% into making it succeed, which won't be the case if you're not entirely familiar with the genre.
However I think with some sites such as image hosts, url shorteners, etc... Then you could probably just dive straight into it. Although obviously you'd need some decent coding knowledge behind you.

Pick a niche before picking a domain.

I'm not running another forum, not for awhile at least, I thought of something far better than that! Big Grin Give it until May next year I should hopefully have it on the way. I have quite a nice domain to go with it too.
What kind of websites are you into? If you are interested in gaming, please PM me.
Pages: 1 2