Support Forums

Full Version: Storing car for winter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey winter is just about to hit us where I'm at (canada) and I am storing my car for winter in our backyard garage (not heated)

I have googled it before but every site says something different.

What can/should I do for storing my car in the garage durring winter?

I would prefer not to spend any money on doing this, but I guess I can set a budget of $200 for it if it is really needed.
Store it wherever the fudge you want to store it. Somewhere that's out of the way and convenient. Are you worried about the cold affecting your vehicle?
(12-27-2011, 09:07 PM)King Wrote: [ -> ]Store it wherever the fudge you want to store it. Somewhere that's out of the way and convenient. Are you worried about the cold affecting your vehicle?

Well I don't want anything happening to the car.
It's not really meant for winter.
G35 coupe.

I just want to store it properly so when the weather is nice I can just put the keys in and start the engine without any problems basically.
Nice car but I don't think that cold would effect it at all. Mine stays out all year and it's fine, unless I crash it.
Just keep it in the garage, should be fine there. That way you can keep any rain, hail, and snow you might be in for off the car.
Do you guys think its okay to not run it for like 2 months and then just turn it on and use it?
(12-27-2011, 09:52 PM)LancerImpact Wrote: [ -> ]Do you guys think its okay to not run it for like 2 months and then just turn it on and use it?

Yes. It's okay to not run it for 2 years and, should there be no prior problems, expect to run it again.
IF you store it for at least 2 months it will be ok, but don't be surprise if the battery is dead.
I wouldn't personally store my car in the winter as I have limited room in my garage, but I suggest you to put a car cover on it for the winter
Why would you store your car will you just stay home or walk now?
Pages: 1 2 3