Support Forums

Full Version: Type 1 Diabetes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone here type 1 diabetic? I could use some tips.
Test blood sugar daily, carry around sugar free candy, They have a substitue that give you glucose which your body needs without going over BSL or Blood Sugar Levels Smile
I test around 5-6 times a day. Are you diabetic?
I'm a type 1 diabetic, got diagnosed at 15, 19 now. 4 year marker coming up in May!

How long have you been diagnosed for?

And typically I test 4-8 times a day. Depends on what I'm eating (and how much), and if it pops up as a high number I double check (Sometimes I get false results from my tester which can seriously fudge up your world if you over inject). I assume you're on a Humalog/Lantus treatment?

Anyway, I've struggled with my diabetes for about a year now. But that's a different story altogether.
(12-22-2011, 03:31 AM)OVO™ Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone here type 1 diabetic? I could use some tips.

Well It's interested to know you have diabetes, Ive known you on Hackforums for awhile and can't believe you have it.

On a more ontopic note:
I also have diabetes - Bet you didn't know, Ive had it since I was eight years of age and I have to tell you it use to be a pain in the but. I'm not sure about your financial situation but if you can afford it an insulin pump is well worth the money for the control of your bloodsugars, although I don't recommend it if you play alot of sports as it gets in the way. Generally I test myself about twice maybe three times a day, when I was younger I tested myself every two hours (except well sleeping). Since I assume your newly diognosed/have bad control I suggest testing yourself every three hours, and when you get more stable you should be able to calm it down and do it twice-three times daily.

Also remember to not skip insulin, it doens't work out well Ninja

But anyway feel free to message me if you have any further questions, I'll help you in anyway I can.