Support Forums

Full Version: Not sure what to do now...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Anders

So I'm 17 and was in College doing a course I had to interest in. I was also getting funding to go do this course so I wouldn't have to pay the full fee for it which would have amounted up into the thousands. You can only get this sort of funding for one course that you do and if you leave in the first 3 months of the course, you only have to repay what funding you had paid and you could use this funding method for another course if you want to. So I decided to save this funding for a course I was actually interested in rather than waste it and since my course was boring and I gained nothing from it, I left. No the thing is, I barely got into that course. MY grades from school weren't the best and they accepted me before my exam results were in based on the facts that I had passed all pre-exams that I needed to have. I failed the final exam but didn't tell the college because I didn't need to. Now that I have left, I am going to re-apply back into a more appealing course when I can but I'm not sure if I will be able to get accepted with my grades from school now that they are published.

I live with my Mum but she's always away which is good. My family is very separated with my Dad living an hour away and my sister living 6,000 miles away and my brother living 500 miles away. So I'm stuck with my Mum more or less. I told her today that I withdrew myself from college and she went bat crap. She's now saying that I need to pay for everything myself. That includes the following; travel, food, clothes, phone bill as well as rent. So pretty much, I'm on my own. I work 25ish hours a week in a cafe that pays me £6.10 an hour. I was told that I would need to pay £50 a week rent on top of the £35 a month phone contract. None of this expenditure includes my travel, food or clothes. I've phoned work and asked for more hours next week but they don't have any available so I'll need to go find another part time job which will be near impossible this close to Christmas as everywhere already has Christmas staff.

All in all, I'll be needing to pay out around £140 a week when right now, I earn around £150 a week. I also have to repay around £2,000 to college for that fee thing and I am going on holiday next June with some friends as a sort of last goodbye before we all part ways which costs £500 for flights and hotel and I need spending money. My Mum has also said I have to pay for my own dental appointments.

I am as far in the crap as people can possibly go. I can't go over to any relative's house as they all live away somewhere and I don't feel it's right to go to a friends house and bum off them.

On top of all of this, my Mum is threatening at kicking me out if I can't pay her the £50 for rent tomorrow as well as the £30 for the phone bill. I've just done a crap load of Christmas shopping and spent more than I usually would on people just to be freakin nice and this is what happens. I have £21 in the bank right now as I type this and I was told that if I didn't setup a direct debt to her account for the £50 and the £30, I would be out on my ass as soon as I came home from work.

Add to all of this the emotional pressure of trying to get close to this girl who you met at a party one night who said she was interested yet has done fudge all to prove it.

And yes, you can say I feel slightly suicidal.
Get a job any job, work your ass off if your a dishwasher, wash the dishes and give it a 110% you never know good things happen to people who are willing to FIGHT and WORK for them