Support Forums

Full Version: Someone very close to me is cutting themselfs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone really close to me has told me they cut them self.
Becuase of school and guys being dickheads. The person is a girl!
Please i need opinions..
If I were you I'd try to comfort them as much as possible and suggest calling some sort of hotline. A user has a very great guide on prevention and other things along the line of cutting. I'd print it out and take it to them and let them know you're here for them and that they aren't alone. Cutting is very hard to get over, I had a friend that even had to go to therapy for a great while until she got through it.

Best of wishes.
(12-12-2011, 04:31 PM)User Bars Wrote: [ -> ]If I were you I'd try to comfort them as much as possible and suggest calling some sort of hotline. A user has a very great guide on prevention and other things along the line of cutting. I'd print it out and take it to them and let them know you're here for them and that they aren't alone. Cutting is very hard to get over, I had a friend that even had to go to therapy for a great while until she got through it.

Best of wishes.
Thank you so much for this reply. It made me feel like atleast theres someone to help me. Im only 16 and i cant go telling my parent or hers so I thanks you! <3
(12-12-2011, 04:32 PM)Egg Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much for this reply. It made me feel like atleast theres someone to help me. Im only 16 and i cant go telling my parent or hers so I thanks you! <3
You're very welcome, but I'm sure there are some more members on here that can give you a better reply. SF is known for it's exceptional Emotional Support, so I'd keep track of this thread if I were you.
(12-12-2011, 04:34 PM)User Bars Wrote: [ -> ]You're very welcome, but I'm sure there are some more members on here that can give you a better reply. SF is known for it's exceptional Emotional Support, so I'd keep track of this thread if I were you.
Oh i definatly will! I have been on SF for 30 minutes and i love it more then HF :O Becuase everyone is kind and its not about being ub3r is better and if your not upgraded your a no one. (Im upgraded by the way). I can wait to stay on this site Smile
You need to take this very seriously. The girl needs help, and self mutilation is a desperate cry for help. I had somebody close to me that was cutting herself as well. She ended up having to go to rehab, and in the end she is much happier after getting the help she needs.
(12-14-2011, 08:51 AM)Caffeine Wrote: [ -> ]You need to take this very seriously. The girl needs help, and self mutilation is a desperate cry for help. I had somebody close to me that was cutting herself as well. She ended up having to go to rehab, and in the end she is much happier after getting the help she needs.

The thing is. The person i know is 16! She cant go rehab at 16 :/
Are you sure?

At that age they might put her in a psych ward. Even so, that might be what she needs. I know it's unfortunate, but it's not okay to just "live with it".