Support Forums

Full Version: Depression.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sup SF,
Title explains it pretty much, I've been suffering from depression for the past couple of years or so (Few months ago I Finally went to see a Doctor about it and was prescribed some medication that helps quite a bit i suppose. ) it's normally been the same with the exception of he occasional High or Low But recently (Past few days) it's gotten worse, I mean My sleeping has been badly affected by it. (Lying in bed until 4+am until I finally get to sleep but wake up at 10-11am And can't get back to sleep ._.) So like chain reaction lack of sleep affects mood/motivation and so on... There's been no trigger to cause it to get worse, I mean my social life is going Okay, I've not put on any weight or anything like that. But what I was hoping for is that You all might be able to come up with some tips that would help me cope. Smile
First off I'd say that the medication may not be helping at all especially if it's an Antidepressant. They aren't as effective as doctors make them out to be, or the commercials for that matter. I'd say explore some other alternatives to the medicine rather than keep taking it, especially at 14. Coping with it is so much easier when you've got good friends by your side. Trust maybe one of them, your best friend, to tell them how you've been feeling so that they know. Then just hang out with everyone. Immerse yourself with things that make you happy. I also find that music has helped at time as well, put on some music and dance it all away. Exercise, I've been told by a therapist, is great at keeping the depression away so pick up a sport to do or just exercise. My suggestion basically is just to get out and do things, things that make you happy, things that make you laugh and smile. And enjoy them to the fullest, don't worry about anything other than being happy. Doctors are lovely but when it comes to depression it's always medicine. Eh, pick someone that you can trust and that you're comfortable talking to, and talk about the things that bother you. Don't bottle it all up because if you do it's just going to make it worse. One thing to remember it's not going to go away overnight. It's something you're going to have to work at. But everybody can be happy if they try. Good luck!!!
(12-04-2011, 08:14 AM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]First off I'd say that the medication may not be helping at all especially if it's an Antidepressant. They aren't as effective as doctors make them out to be, or the commercials for that matter. I'd say explore some other alternatives to the medicine rather than keep taking it, especially at 14. Coping with it is so much easier when you've got good friends by your side. Trust maybe one of them, your best friend, to tell them how you've been feeling so that they know. Then just hang out with everyone. Immerse yourself with things that make you happy. I also find that music has helped at time as well, put on some music and dance it all away. Exercise, I've been told by a therapist, is great at keeping the depression away so pick up a sport to do or just exercise. My suggestion basically is just to get out and do things, things that make you happy, things that make you laugh and smile. And enjoy them to the fullest, don't worry about anything other than being happy. Doctors are lovely but when it comes to depression it's always medicine. Eh, pick someone that you can trust and that you're comfortable talking to, and talk about the things that bother you. Don't bottle it all up because if you do it's just going to make it worse. One thing to remember it's not going to go away overnight. It's something you're going to have to work at. But everybody can be happy if they try. Good luck!!!

I've taken your advice and started to exercise more than before and Started going out, for walks and such (Nothing else to do here .___.) Sleeping has improved a Little, but If i keep this up then it will gradually get better, So Thanks a load Smile
(12-05-2011, 01:25 PM)Hat Wrote: [ -> ]

I've taken your advice and started to exercise more than before and Started going out, for walks and such (Nothing else to do here .___.) Sleeping has improved a Little, but If i keep this up then it will gradually get better, So Thanks a load Smile

Lol yeah I understand there's nothing really to do here either so you have to make the best with what you have. Good luck! I hope things get better.
Im sure there is no need for my comments considering the first poster did more than a good job at giving you helpful tips and advice. i just wanted you to know that i myself have felt a similar sadness and it effected me in a similar if not worse way. the only way i got through it was to love myself for who i am and just accept certain things. i really do wish the best for you and hope you continue to get better.
I can help you out with sleeping, due to the fact that I have problems sleeping aswell.
I sleep better, and fall asleep more quickly when I get off the computer and relax my brain before trying to fall asleep.
This is usually what happens..
At 9PM I get off the computer, make myself a warm cup of tea and watch TV.
I then finish watching all my programs, and get a bath.
Even though Baths are all disgusting and people always talk bad about them, you should do it.
A bath calms you down and relaxes your muscles, relieving stress.
Then, I go lay in bed and just close my eyes.
This usually works like a charm, good-luck my friend.
I have never had experience with depression, but what I might recommend is finding something that you will really enjoy doing. It might be an activity, or perhaps a craft even. Maybe finding something that will make you feel happy and satisfied might help.

Good luck and feel better. Smile
To be honest, I think you just have a sleeping disorder. If you want to solve depression, just get into a hobby or talent that no one else is good at and you will feel like a god. Smile