Support Forums

Full Version: Would a Racoon be able to catch a cat?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The title says it all. Do you think a racoon would be able to catch a domestic cat?

I think not. Your opinions?
Probably if it's a bad-ass raccoon. o=
My neighbors own a farm and when kittens are first born, they are at great risk for getting eaten by racoons in the barn.
I've seen it happen before, but I doubt it would happen to an adult cat.
I think so depending on how sneaky it is and what not.
I don't think a racoon would be able to catch my cats though. One of them is about 3 years old, a really fast fellow. We actually named him "Speedy". Wonder why? We also have an older cat who is 9 years old. But he is not dumb enough to get into a situation in which he has to run from a racoon. He will see the racoon from 40 feet away, examine the situation, and turn the other cheek.
Probably not. Depending on how big, fierce the cat is probably. Might be a nice loud fight though. If you do have one though I'd probably say keep a close eye on the cats. And yourself :|
(12-04-2011, 09:33 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]Probably not. Depending on how big, fierce the cat is probably. Might be a nice loud fight though. If you do have one though I'd probably say keep a close eye on the cats. And yourself :|

I am going to racoon proof my backyard. I am going to put a bunch of food in my neighbors yard, so the racoons chill at their house.
I think it couldn't. Cats are too fast.
I've personally seen a racoon chase a cat, and the cat got away very easily.
I'm sure they can be caught and trained, wouldn't be the easiest task, however.

Pages: 1 2