Support Forums

Full Version: Limited Connection Issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sometimes after letting my laptop go to sleep, and logging back in, it says the internet is limited, or has no connection at all.

How would I go about fixing it? THe only solution I've found was to reformat to when it worked. D:
Did you try guides from Microsoft support ? Take a look into it here:-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892896
Thanks, I'll check that out now.
I've already tried that, it didn't work for me. D:
How about your modem? That could be the issue maybe
(12-01-2011, 10:01 PM)Spudster Wrote: [ -> ]How about your modem? That could be the issue maybe

It doesn't happen ever if I have my laptop plugged into the modem, does that mean it could be my router?
(12-01-2011, 11:23 PM)Professor Oak Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't happen ever if I have my laptop plugged into the modem, does that mean it could be my router?

Might be , did you ever contact your ISP provider regarding it ?
The same thing happens to me.
What usually fixes it is by disconnecting from the internet then reconnecting again.
If that doesn't work, then restart your router.
Easiest way is to turn off your lappy then reboot it.
Not sure why it happens. Could be an ip conflict if other pcs and phones are connected.
You could also try the repair network option but that some times just lags.
I just reboot lappy when that happens. Simply easiest and always good to reboot anyway.
When that used to happen to me I used to right click the networking item and keep trying that Repair thing, it usually worked the 1st or if not after a couple of attempts.
your computer connected wireless network.you nmay required wep key.It is the one of the network security key.If you supply an incorrect key, or if you do not have a WEP key set, you will be unable to connect to the network.check your wep key.Then check your internet speed.you can check your internet speed at scanmyspeed.com
Pages: 1 2