Support Forums

Full Version: Ask me anything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ask me anything along the lines of your furry friends. I have a ton of experiences and I've been volunteering at an animal shelter for 2 years. There's not may things that I cant answer.

Don't be afraid to ask Smile
ok serious question.. i have 2 African claw frogs & I can't keep them any more.
I posted on craigslist for someone to have them for free & no one response.
I don't want to take them back to the pet store because chances are they will die.
I know you stated you work in a animal shelter & IM talking about amphibians.
But I was thinking..can I let them loose in the Hudson river since I live in manhattan NYC.
will they be able to survive? They are fully aquatic frogs as well.
(11-28-2011, 09:12 PM)WTC Wrote: [ -> ]ok serious question.. i have 2 African claw frogs & I can't keep them any more.
I posted on craigslist for someone to have them for free & no one response.
I don't want to take them back to the pet store because chances are they will die.
I know you stated you work in a animal shelter & IM talking about amphibians.
But I was thinking..can I let them loose in the Hudson river since I live in manhattan NYC.
will they be able to survive? They are fully aquatic frogs as well.
No, they will most certainty die if dumped into the Hudson. I live fairly close and the river is polluted beyond belief. You have some options:
  • Keep them.
    This will assure their health and life.

• Put them down.
    Worst case scenario. Don't even think about it.

• Pet store.
    If you have to then give them back to the pet store. They will have a better chance there rather then neglect. (I'm not saying you do.)

You are in a very hard position and I understand. Try to keep them or look for a lover of the species and donate it to them.

-Matt

My dog has had an ear infection for the past 4 years, she got it when we went camping from playing in the water, or at least that's what the vets told us.

My friend suggested to buy new dog food, would that possibly help?
We currently give her Pedigree, and she's a black lab, I think she's either 7 or 8.
(12-01-2011, 10:56 PM)Professor Oak Wrote: [ -> ]My dog has had an ear infection for the past 4 years, she got it when we went camping from playing in the water, or at least that's what the vets told us.

My friend suggested to buy new dog food, would that possibly help?
We currently give her Pedigree, and she's a black lab, I think she's either 7 or 8.

Ear drops would be the best bet. It might either be something in the water or a bug. Get the vet's diagnosis. It could lead to deafness or loss of balance.
Rainbow Dash, what animals do you currently own?
(12-02-2011, 09:53 PM)User Bars Wrote: [ -> ]Rainbow Dash, what animals do you currently own?

I have a cat and fish. I am getting a German Shepherd soon.
What breed of cat/fish do you own?
Okay, well I actually have a serious question. I had a cat who pissed everywhere, like randomly. We took her to the vet and they told us it was nothing, and gave us some medicine for it. But, she kept doing it so we gave her away, cause we couldn't stand that. What do you think was wrong with her, if anything?

Did she just hate us or something? Or had something wrong with her bladder?
What was your very first pet ever?
Pages: 1 2